A smart mark for high-volume extrusion manufacturing
Pyrotec - Apr 30th, 13:02
As a high-volume manufacturing process, extrusion requires product marking equipment that performs optimally at high speeds in demanding environments. Manufactures in the pipe, cable, tube or profile industries, need a coding solution that meets these demands and offers an attractive total cost of ownership.
The Markem-Imaje small-character-inkjet 9450 E, available exclusively in southern Africa from Pyrotec PackMark, is the ideal solution.
This continuous inkjet (CIJ) printer – engineered for industrial use – combines a high-performance ink circuit with a new-generation printhead design that ensures the quality and durability of codes, even on dark substrates and PE.
This smart product coding solution is engineered specifically for the pipe, cable, tube and profile industries – and is purpose-designed to improve productivity on your lines.
Increase efficiency with these key features:
• Up to 3 000km of cable printing*, without having to stop and clean the printhead
• Achieve 20% ink savings** without compromising on contrast
• Increase coding speed by 20%**: up to 1 000m/min for wire harnessing and optical fibre applications
• 2mm tolerance when using the embedded metering function for optimum precision
• Premium range of inks for multiple environments in black, white, orange, blue, green, red and yellow
• Specialty inks for contrasted and high-adhesion codes
• Smart consumable system, no set-up required
• Mistake-proof user interfaces even when entering long message
• Precision, even on the smallest wires
Print features include:
• Mono-jet printhead.
• G head (printing resolution: 71dpi) or M head (printing resolution: 115dpi).
• Up to 5 lines of print.
• Print speed of up to 1 000m/min.
• Font height from 5 to 32 dots.
• Character height from 1 to 11mm.
To discuss your coding requirements or introduce these capabilities into your product coding processes, contact Pyrotec PackMark today.
Click here for more information on Pyrotec
CimPak pallet labelling systems from Markem-Imaje are available in South Africa from Pyrotec PackMark.
We’re beginning to see a lot more development in the packaging sector when it comes to intelligent, smart or connected packaging.
Markem-Imaje has released six packaging intelligence solutions that help manufacturers digitalise their supply chains more easily and cost-effectively to maximise profitability through improved line efficiency, reduced waste, and better compliance while offering more protection and promotion for their brands.
A report published by Smithers Pira last year explores the many drivers for growth in the digital print for the packaging industry. The company’s research reveals that as populations increase and consumers in industrialised regions enjoy growing income, packaging demand continues to rise.