A smart mark for high-volume extrusion manufacturing
Pyrotec - Apr 30th, 13:02
As a high-volume manufacturing process, extrusion requires product marking equipment that performs optimally at high speeds in demanding environments. Manufactures in the pipe, cable, tube or profile industries, need a coding solution that meets these demands and offers an attractive total cost of ownership.
The Markem-Imaje small-character-inkjet 9450 E, available exclusively in southern Africa from Pyrotec PackMark, is the ideal solution.
This continuous inkjet (CIJ) printer – engineered for industrial use – combines a high-performance ink circuit with a new-generation printhead design that ensures the quality and durability of codes, even on dark substrates and PE.
This smart product coding solution is engineered specifically for the pipe, cable, tube and profile industries – and is purpose-designed to improve productivity on your lines.
Increase efficiency with these key features:
• Up to 3 000km of cable printing*, without having to stop and clean the printhead
• Achieve 20% ink savings** without compromising on contrast
• Increase coding speed by 20%**: up to 1 000m/min for wire harnessing and optical fibre applications
• 2mm tolerance when using the embedded metering function for optimum precision
• Premium range of inks for multiple environments in black, white, orange, blue, green, red and yellow
• Specialty inks for contrasted and high-adhesion codes
• Smart consumable system, no set-up required
• Mistake-proof user interfaces even when entering long message
• Precision, even on the smallest wires
Print features include:
• Mono-jet printhead.
• G head (printing resolution: 71dpi) or M head (printing resolution: 115dpi).
• Up to 5 lines of print.
• Print speed of up to 1 000m/min.
• Font height from 5 to 32 dots.
• Character height from 1 to 11mm.
To discuss your coding requirements or introduce these capabilities into your product coding processes, contact Pyrotec PackMark today.
Click here for more information on Pyrotec
In the pharmaceutical industry, on-pack communication is a complex issue. Not only must manufacturers ensure that their brands and products are instantly recognisable, they must also comply with labelling legislation, regulations and standards that require a significant amount of information on the label or product packaging that is clear and legible.
Markem-Imaje’s 9000 Series of small character inkjet coders are full-feature printers that are designed for demanding manufacturing environments, general-purpose, and very specific applications, such as high-contrast and high-performance marking. Markets for these coders include food, beverage, cosmetics, toiletries, electrical equipment, electronics, cables, tubes, and profiles.
It is estimated that the UK loses more than £6.4bn each year to counterfeit and black-market goods. This is a major problem that endangers the health and safety of consumers, damages brand reputation, and funds criminal activity.
Pick n Pay has announced that shoppers can now bring their own transparent and sealable containers to some of its stores to load up on fruit and veg, instead of having it packaged in plastic.