Amarula and White Chocolate Creme Brulee
Checkers - Aug 20th 2018, 09:57
This delicious pudding is your nightcap and dessert in one.
1-litre double cream
200g white chocolate, chopped
1 vanilla pod, split or 1 tsp vanilla extract
12 egg yolks
¾ cup (180ml) Amarula
1/4 cup (60ml) castor sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Bring cream and vanilla pod to the boil in a pot set over medium heat. Remove from heat and pour over broken chocolate, stand for 5 minutes.
3. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale. Stir in the chocolate cream, whisking constantly. Strain into a jug. Add the Amarula and stir through.
4. Pour mixture into a large ovenproof dish. Place in a roasting tray and pour boiling water halfway up the side. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until just set with a wobbly centre. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hrs.
5. Just before serving, sprinkle some sugar on top of the crème and caramelise with a blowtorch or under a hot grill.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
The simple sandwich - it’s more than just two slices of bread, it’s the memory of the person who made it for you, the moment you shared and the traditions that are passed on from generation to generation.
Try these recipes
Sit back and relax after dinner with a delicious home-made dom pedro. This cheeky whisky cocktail is easy to make and a sweet adults-only treat.
Outrageously rich and delicious.
With hearty lentils and gourmet mushrooms, you won’t even miss the meat in this vegetarian take on an Italian classic.
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.