Blonde Cheesecake Truffles
Checkers - Mar 22nd, 15:07
Delicious vanilla bean and white chocolate cream cheese truffles rolled in toasted coconut and served with a fresh strawberry couli.
230 g cream cheese
2 tbsp. (30 ml) icing sugar
100 g white chocolate
1 vanilla bean
25 g tennis biscuits; crushed
½ cup (125 ml) desiccated coconut; toasted
For the strawberry sauce
250 g fresh strawberries
½ cup (125 ml) sugar
Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler and set aside to cool.
2. Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Mix in the icing sugar, vanilla seeds and crushed biscuits until well combined.
4. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until firm enough to roll.
5. Once mixture is ready, roll into bite-size truffles and coat well with the toasted coconut.
6. Repeat until mixture is finished, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Serve alongside the strawberry dipping sauce.
To make the strawberry dipping sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for about 10 min. or until reduced and syrupy.
2. Set aside to cool, then blend until smooth.
3. Strain sauce through a fine-mesh sieve and serve alongside the truffles.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the superb range of authentic mixers from Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd preferred by most premium distillers, has launched a new 750ml glass collection perfect for stylish drinks on the patio with friends.
Discover new Chateau Del Rei sparkling wine in a can and turn the 18th annual South African Cheese Festival at Sandringham Estate near Stellenbosch into an instant celebration over the weekend of 26 – 28 April 2019.
DHL Express has announced the launch of its new mobile and desktop app aimed at improving the online shopping experience for Africa-based consumers.
KWV was revealed as one of the World’s Most Admired Brands in the annual The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey by Drinks International. Competing with the greatest names in the industry, KWV was ranked 45 out of 50, making it the highest placed brand from South Africa and one of only two South African brands to be featured in this global list.
Try these recipes
Cranberry jelly gives the sauce a sweet and sticky festive flavour.
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
These treats are delectable and brilliantly portable.