Blonde Cheesecake Truffles
Checkers - Mar 22nd, 15:07
Delicious vanilla bean and white chocolate cream cheese truffles rolled in toasted coconut and served with a fresh strawberry couli.
230 g cream cheese
2 tbsp. (30 ml) icing sugar
100 g white chocolate
1 vanilla bean
25 g tennis biscuits; crushed
½ cup (125 ml) desiccated coconut; toasted
For the strawberry sauce
250 g fresh strawberries
½ cup (125 ml) sugar
Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler and set aside to cool.
2. Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Mix in the icing sugar, vanilla seeds and crushed biscuits until well combined.
4. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until firm enough to roll.
5. Once mixture is ready, roll into bite-size truffles and coat well with the toasted coconut.
6. Repeat until mixture is finished, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Serve alongside the strawberry dipping sauce.
To make the strawberry dipping sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for about 10 min. or until reduced and syrupy.
2. Set aside to cool, then blend until smooth.
3. Strain sauce through a fine-mesh sieve and serve alongside the truffles.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
SABC, Western Cape Government, KPMG, Multichoice, Nedbank, Uber, and SA Home Loans make up a fraction of the companies not only in attendance but delivering keynote addresses at what remains the largest Customer Experience Management Summit in Africa. The event is taking place from 31st July to 1st August 2019 at the CTICC in Cape Town.
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
Try these recipes
Sit back and relax after dinner with a delicious home-made dom pedro. This cheeky whisky cocktail is easy to make and a sweet adults-only treat.
Outrageously rich and delicious.
With hearty lentils and gourmet mushrooms, you won’t even miss the meat in this vegetarian take on an Italian classic.
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.