Blue Cheese & Citrus Salad
Checkers - Oct 8th, 10:12
A refreshing citrus salad to accompany that braai meat, or even to turn into a meat-free main dish for any lover of tangy blue cheese.
2 red navels (Cara Cara/blood orange); peeled and sliced
Handful of rocket leaves
1 punnet mangetout
½ cup walnuts
100 g blue cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Gently toast the walnuts for 5 min. or until slightly oily and deepened in flavour.
3. Allow cooling.
4. Blanch the mangetout in boiled water until electric green in colour, then immediately submerge in iced water to stop the cooking process. This helps to retain the lovely colour and crunchy texture.
5. To assemble the salad, combine the orange slices, rocket leaves, mangetout and walnuts.
6. Season, toss with olive oil and lemon juice and top the salad with crumbled blue cheese.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd is right on-trend making coral, the 2019 Pantone colour of the year, the go-to shade this summer with new Fitch & Leedes Grapefruit Tonic.
In October, a limited-edition Red Bull® Energy Drink can, along with an exciting consumer competition, hits shelves in celebration of 2016 Moto3 champion Brad Binder’s ascension to MotoGP™ for the 2020 season.
Leo Burnett tells the Kellogg’s story of improved nutrition for busier, modern-day children.
As the undisputed leader in the South African Beans category, KOO believes in setting the trend by introducing carefully researched, flavour-packed variants to its sizeable canned Beans range.
Try these recipes
A wonderfully rich fudge that can be made in one bowl in the microwave. Package attractively and give to your loved ones as special Christmas Gifts from your kitchen.
Presenting a proudly South African side with sweet and savoury accents.
Delicate layers of phyllo pastry, nuts, honey, and butter all come together to make this delicate, classic Greek dessert.
Perfecting this dish requires a bit of patience, but the results are simply mouth-watering. It’s the perfect idea for your next get-together.