Build agility into your packaging line with this compact hand-held coder
Issued by Pyrotec - Aug 10th 2017, 11:13
Available for the first time in South Africa, Pyrotec PackMark’s Coding and Labelling Machinery Division is proud to bring you the ultra-portable Anser U2 Mobile Hand-held Printer.
It is hardly surprising that this unique, versatile and lightweight printer is already a hot topic of conversation locally. As the world’s lightest and most compact printer, weighing in at a mere 1 kg, the U2 Mobile is proving super easy to handle and use on even the most tricky-to-print surfaces.
This machine can be carried anywhere, for the purposes of printing at any angle on a variety of substrates and products. It also comes with a long-lasting battery offering 7 hours of continuous printing with more than 200 000 characters.
• Print alphanumeric logos and codes onto a variety of products and surfaces to facilitate scanning, as well as improve traceability along the supply chain.
• Easily integrate this technology into your existing packaging line.
• Print on a variety of substrates, whether porous, semi-porous or non-porous such as PVC pipes, plastic bags, outer cartons, concrete and other tricky-to-code surfaces.
• Anser’s new Inkfinity ink family offers a wide range of ink selections which dry immediately without smudging; and cannot leak, be rubbed or washed off.
• The printing/coding process will not pierce or damage the substrate/product in any way.
• The plug-n-print ink cartridge design by Hewlett-Packard TIJ 2.5 printing technology requires no maintenance and incurs no downtime costs.
• The printer comes with a pocket-sized remote keypad with Digital Menu Selection making it exceptionally user-friendly.
• A 2.8 inch, back-lit, full-colour LCD screen and comprehensive language selection menu adds to the positive user experience.
• The slot design SD card offers easy software upgrades and date back-up – storing up to 999 messages.
• Print speed offered is 57 metres per minute at 400 dpi horizontal resolution, all promising crisp and precise barcodes.
It is almost unbelievable that the Anser U2 Mobile Printer offers all this and comes in one tiny box holding all the accessories needed including the U2 Mobile Hand-held Printer, a remote keypad, two high capacity rechargeable batteries, a battery charger and more.
Click here for more information on Pyrotec
Bar codes – and more modern versions such as two-dimensional codes and QR codes – allow organisations around the globe to uniquely identify their products and trace these at every point along the value chain. It’s difficult to imagine life without machine-readable product codes, but this concept has only been in commercial use since the 1970s.
In the interests of keeping customers and the environment safe – and, of course, to comply with the stringent legislation governing packaging and labelling in this industry – agrochemical companies have to ensure that they communicate a large volume of product information on pack, in the correct way.
As the use of smartphones continues to increase so does the popularity of QR (quick response) codes. Now commonplace, QR codes can be seen on packaging labels, signage, and even television commercials.
The highly-successful Propak Cape exhibition, held between October 24 and 26, received positive feedback from exhibitors and visitors.