Cheesecake with Green Kiwi Fruit
Checkers - Jun 13th, 10:12
A delicious favourite gets a nutritious twist that’s guaranteed to keep your loved ones both happy and healthy. Serves 10.
3 cups cream cheese; room temperature
8 zespri green kiwi fruit
100 g melted butter
2 packets vanilla cookies
1 cup condensed milk
1⁄4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. rum
1. Peel and roughly chop 4 kiwi fruit. Cook in a pan over medium heat for 4–5 minutes. Allow cooling completely.
2. Whizz vanilla cookies into a fine crumb, add melted butter and press into the bottom of the tart pan.
3. In a blender, mix condensed milk and cream cheese with rum. Add eggs and blend until fully combined. Gently stir through cooked kiwi fruit.
4. Pour the mixture into the tart pan over the cookie base and bake for 35 minutes at 160 °C.
5. Allow to cool and then garnish with the remaining kiwi fruit.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Around the World, 17th June is observed as ‘Eat Your Vegetables Day’ and is one more opportunity to remind everyone that veggies are an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. They come in every shape and colour of the rainbow and everyone has their favourite! We can all agree that vegetables are versatile, can be added to any meal and are important for daily consumption as they’re a vital source of nutrients.
Chivas is shaking up the Scotch whisky category with the launch of Chivas XV - a 15-year-old blend that challenges conventions around how and when to enjoy Scotch whisky.
Bavaria, South Africa’s leading 0.0% beer brand, recently announced a three-year sponsorship deal with the prestigious Comrades Marathon. In order to celebrate the sponsorship announcement, Bavaria has created an emotional video celebrating Maurice Rosen, a veteran runner of the race who will be competing for his 36th Comrades finish this year – summing up the qualities of tradition, bravery, resilience and tenacity that the race is known for.
Fitch & Leedes, the authentic range of mixers, in collaboration with Bokeh Lifestyle and Fashion Film Festival are giving local filmmakers the chance to get their hands on R75 000.
Try these recipes
Layers of chicken, red onion and mushroom in a creamy béchamel sauce. A super dish for entertaining or taking with you on holiday.
A rich and creamy baked cheesecake heaped with a deep red, fresh raspberry sauce.
Banters at your braai? This Steakhouse Classic picanha with broccoli and Asian dressing is a definite winner.
Because sometimes we can't wait until dessert to get our chocolate fix...