Chicory Bake Parmesan and Nut Crumb
Checkers - Jan 22nd, 09:05
Chicory, witloof, endive – whatever you call it, it’s delicious.
70 g Parmesan; grated
3 tbsp. (45 ml) melted butter
100 g Padkos raw mixed nuts
10 g parsley
Salt and pepper
200 g streaky bacon
6–8 heads of chicory; halved lengthways
2 garlic cloves; peeled and minced
1 onion; peeled and finely diced
1 cup (250 ml) white wine
½ cup (125 ml) chicken stock
Parsley; to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2. Place the Parmesan, melted butter, nuts and parsley in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
3. Fry the bacon in a large ovenproof pan until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan, roughly chop and set aside.
4. Fry the chicory in the same pan for 2 min. on each side or until just golden brown, then remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 min. or until translucent, before adding the wine and chicken stock and reducing by a third.
6. Return the chicory and bacon back to the pan and top with the cheese and nut crumb.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 min. or until golden brown and crisp. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Serves: 4Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the superb range of authentic mixers from Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd preferred by most premium distillers, has launched a new 750ml glass collection perfect for stylish drinks on the patio with friends.
Discover new Chateau Del Rei sparkling wine in a can and turn the 18th annual South African Cheese Festival at Sandringham Estate near Stellenbosch into an instant celebration over the weekend of 26 – 28 April 2019.
DHL Express has announced the launch of its new mobile and desktop app aimed at improving the online shopping experience for Africa-based consumers.
KWV was revealed as one of the World’s Most Admired Brands in the annual The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey by Drinks International. Competing with the greatest names in the industry, KWV was ranked 45 out of 50, making it the highest placed brand from South Africa and one of only two South African brands to be featured in this global list.
Try these recipes
Cranberry jelly gives the sauce a sweet and sticky festive flavour.
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
These treats are delectable and brilliantly portable.