Chicory Bake Parmesan and Nut Crumb
Checkers - Jan 22nd, 09:05
Chicory, witloof, endive – whatever you call it, it’s delicious.
70 g Parmesan; grated
3 tbsp. (45 ml) melted butter
100 g Padkos raw mixed nuts
10 g parsley
Salt and pepper
200 g streaky bacon
6–8 heads of chicory; halved lengthways
2 garlic cloves; peeled and minced
1 onion; peeled and finely diced
1 cup (250 ml) white wine
½ cup (125 ml) chicken stock
Parsley; to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2. Place the Parmesan, melted butter, nuts and parsley in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
3. Fry the bacon in a large ovenproof pan until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan, roughly chop and set aside.
4. Fry the chicory in the same pan for 2 min. on each side or until just golden brown, then remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 min. or until translucent, before adding the wine and chicken stock and reducing by a third.
6. Return the chicory and bacon back to the pan and top with the cheese and nut crumb.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 min. or until golden brown and crisp. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Serves: 4Click here for more Checkers recipes
Reflecting its commitment to tackling the supply chain skills crisis head on, SAPICS, The Professional Body for Supply Chain Management, recently hosted the 11th annual Supply Chain Management Education Excellence Awards. This event recognises individuals, organisations and educators who are going the extra mile to advance and develop the supply chain and operations management profession
Bull Brand, one of SA’s most iconic food brands, has launched a new bold ‘Inner Strength’ brand repositioning aimed at leveraging the heritage of the brand while finding new relevance for a broader audience.
DHL has appointed Jed Michaletos as Managing Director of DHL Express South Africa, effective from 14 January 2019. Michaletos is responsible for driving business growth for the company in South Africa, with a strong focus on enhancing customer experience, employee engagement and service quality.
Rhodes Food Group, producer of popular convenient baby and toddler food brand Squish, has launched an extended range to its Squish portfolio of 100% fruit and veg purees, and 100% fruit and veg pressed infant juices.
Try these recipes
You’ll go bananas for this delicious, easy and affordable dessert recipe. Go on, satisfy your coffee craving while relishing the classic combination of banana and ice cream. Try it today! Serves 6 Preparation: 5 min. Cooking: 2 hrs to freeze bananas.
Coconut plays perfectly with sweet, tart pomegranate.
Because sometimes we can’t wait until dessert to get our chocolate fix…
Perfect dessert for your Valentine's Day dinner in.