Chocolate Chilli Steak with Zucchini Noodles
Checkers - Feb 12th, 20:34
Because sometimes we can’t wait until dessert to get our chocolate fix…
1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
1 small onion; peeled and finely diced
1 garlic clove; peeled and minced
3 chillies; halved and deseeded
4 thyme sprigs; leaves only
1 cup (250 ml) beef stock
2 cups (500 ml) red wine
70 g 70% dark chocolate; roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
4 x 200 g Steakhouse Classic rump
350 g zucchini noodles; steamed
20 g fresh wild rocket
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and add the onion, garlic, chilli and thyme. Sauté for 5–8 min. or until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the beef stock and red wine and allow to simmer until reduced by two thirds, then strain and discard the solids.
3. Place the liquid into a clean pot set over low heat and whisk in the chocolate until the sauce is smooth and velvety. Remove and set aside.
4. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Drizzle the steak with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry each steak to your preferred doneness and remove from pan. Allow resting for 10 min. before slicing. Pour any resting juices from the meat into the sauce for added extra flavour.
5. Toss the wild rocket through the steamed zucchini noodles, season with a little salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. Serve steak with the zucchini noodles and the chocolate chilli sauce.
Serves: 4Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the authentic range of mixers, in collaboration with Bokeh Lifestyle and Fashion Film Festival are giving local filmmakers the chance to get their hands on R75 000.
KWV is proud to announce that its Cathedral Cellar Shiraz 2016 has been rated as one of the Cape Winelands’ top 12 wines in this category, according to the 7th annual Shiraz SA Challenge. This is the 3rd year that this premium wine has been included as one of SA’s Top 12 Shiraz’s, a performance which KWV says indicates their unwavering commitment to make wines that consistently deliver on quality.
Mentholatum SA, a health & wellness company and the makers of Deep Heat, relaunches the only Ibuprofen gel on the South African Market – Deep Relief Ibuprofen Gel.
Johannesburg’s brightest young tech geniuses gathered at the Tshimologong Precinct recently to share their ideas and their creations at the Red Bull Basement Hatch event.
Try these recipes
Nothing improves your afternoon coffee and a rusk like a little more coffee in your rusk. What can we say, we’re addicted!
Asparagus is especially rich in folic acid. You can replace the beef fillet with chicken if you prefer.
A warm Winter pud.
Gluten-free and ever-so-indulgent, butternut is the new spaghetti.