Chocolate Chilli Steak with Zucchini Noodles
Checkers - Feb 12th, 20:34
Because sometimes we can’t wait until dessert to get our chocolate fix…
1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
1 small onion; peeled and finely diced
1 garlic clove; peeled and minced
3 chillies; halved and deseeded
4 thyme sprigs; leaves only
1 cup (250 ml) beef stock
2 cups (500 ml) red wine
70 g 70% dark chocolate; roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
4 x 200 g Steakhouse Classic rump
350 g zucchini noodles; steamed
20 g fresh wild rocket
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and add the onion, garlic, chilli and thyme. Sauté for 5–8 min. or until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the beef stock and red wine and allow to simmer until reduced by two thirds, then strain and discard the solids.
3. Place the liquid into a clean pot set over low heat and whisk in the chocolate until the sauce is smooth and velvety. Remove and set aside.
4. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Drizzle the steak with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry each steak to your preferred doneness and remove from pan. Allow resting for 10 min. before slicing. Pour any resting juices from the meat into the sauce for added extra flavour.
5. Toss the wild rocket through the steamed zucchini noodles, season with a little salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. Serve steak with the zucchini noodles and the chocolate chilli sauce.
Serves: 4Click here for more Checkers recipes
Blistex, America’s leading lip care range, has launched an ultra-conditioning Lip Serum innovation, bringing you closer to your best lips one drop at a time.
With more than 30+ years of experience within the packaging, labelling, marking and coding industry, TracePack is the authority in the FMCG, health and pharmaceutical, industrial, construction materials and chemicals industries.
Nederburg has been included in the highly-anticipated top 50 list of ‘The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands’ by UK-based publication, Drinks International, for a fourth consecutive year in 2019.
Robertson Winery has added a Sparkling Brut Rosé to their popular range of sparkling wines.
Try these recipes
Oh-so-easy to make, they can be prepped in advance.
Revolutionise your wrap game with these rice paper salad wraps. Intriguing to the eye and the palate, these are a win-win, no matter the occasion.
Zingy and creamy in equal measure, this is the ultimate tangy snack.
Start any summer day right with this tasty and refreshing smoothie bowl. Garnish with edible flowers for an extra flair that’ll impress any guest.