Curried Chicken & Chick Pea Stir Fry
Spar.co.za - Oct 2nd 2017, 16:29
A quick one-pot meal using ready cooked chicken for a filling meal in a flash.
1 roast chicken from your SPAR in-store Deli
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
5 ml grated fresh ginger
SPAR sunflower oil or canola oil
30 ml curry paste
1 can SPAR diced tomatoes
1/2 chicken stock cube
1 can SPAR chick peas, drained, with the brine reserved
Salt and black pepper to taste
To finish: a dash of SPAR low fat plain yoghurt
Juice of a small lemon
Generous handful of fresh dhania
1. Break up the chicken into pieces and chop the meat into rough cubes. Set aside.
2. Gently fry onion, garlic, and ginger together in a dash of cooking oil until tender.
3. Add the curry paste, tomatoes, reserved brine from the chick peas and the crumbled stock cube.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes then add in the chickpeas and chicken.
5. Gently heat through and add in the finishing ingredients. Check seasoning and serve immediately.
Hints and Tips
The SPAR Thai style curry paste range is not suitable for this recipe. Rather use an authentic bottled curry paste.
Hansa Golden Crisp, a bespoke beer designed for unisex appeal, has been launched by The South African Breweries.
Transform traditional trifle into a red velvet Christmas confection by adding vanilla cream cheese filling and seasonal berries.
New Fitch & Leedes Spicy Ginger Beer, the intrepid mixer with a sense of adventure from Chill Beverages International (Pty) Ltd, is taking the enjoyment of fine spirits to the next level.
Try these recipes
Bake up a batch of delicious biscuits and then have loads of fun making edible Christmas trees for the festive season. These make for great gifts or table pieces.
Keeps your breath minty fresh.
Zesty lemon cuts through the rich cream cheese creating the perfect bed for the delicate prawn and salmon flavours to rest on.
Replace fish with chicken mince, if you like.