Dark Chocolate No-bake Bites
Checkers - Jan 29th, 08:45
Gluten-free, dairy-free and guilt-free, these chocolate truffles are your answer to after dinner cravings. Plus, you can whip up a batch in 30 minutes. And, go!
200 g ripe avocado flesh
200 g pitted dates; roughly chopped
½ cup (125 ml) cocoa powder
25 g coconut oil
60 g dark chocolate; broken into pieces
60 g Padkos mixed nuts
1 cup (250 ml) desiccated coconut (for coating)
1. Place the avocado, dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil in a food processor and blend for 2 min. or until a smooth paste is formed. Transfer to a plastic container and set aside.
2. Place the dark chocolate and nuts in the food processor, and pulse into finely chopped pieces.
3. Combine the dark chocolate and nuts with the avocado mixture, cover with cling film and place in the freezer for 20 min. to firm up slightly.
4. Once the mixture is set (although it will still be quite soft), scoop teaspoonfuls of mixture and coat well in the desiccated coconut. Use two teaspoons to transfer the truffles to a tray.
5. Store truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.Click here for more Checkers recipes
As South Africa celebrates Women’s Month this August, Bavaria magnifies and highlights the vital role that women play in society: the mothers who raised us, and the daughters who continue to bind families together. Women are a source of power and a symbol of progress. Indeed, they are the very fabric that weaves our great nation together.
The 3rd annual Soweto Kota Festival will take place on 7 and 8 September 2019, and SASKO, the experts in milling and baking, is proud to announce it has renewed its sponsorship for a third year.
Blowing the nose frequently, because of allergies, colds or flu, can leave the delicate skin around the nose and lips chapped, red and sore. Letibalm, formulated specifically to protect and care for the lips, nose and the skin in-between, now has an improved formula and there’s a new addition to the family – new Letibalm Junior Nose and Lips Repair Fluid.
KWV Brandy is proud to announce that it cinched another award in a major spirits competition.
Try these recipes
A shot of espresso enhances the chocolate flavour.
Panna Cotta is usually prepared as a dessert, but this recipe foregrounds the savoury, delicate flavours of asparagus and lightly smoked trout which pairs wonderfully with Cathedral Cellar Sauvignon Blanc. Recipe provided courtesy of Cathedral Cellar wines. (Serves 4).
A rich, savoury showstopper, perfect with a glass of wine, or as a light meal with well-dressed greens and succulent lamb chops.
A simple curry with the benefit of very little fat and fibre-rich chickpeas!