Dark Chocolate No-bake Bites
Checkers - Jan 29th, 08:45
Gluten-free, dairy-free and guilt-free, these chocolate truffles are your answer to after dinner cravings. Plus, you can whip up a batch in 30 minutes. And, go!
200 g ripe avocado flesh
200 g pitted dates; roughly chopped
½ cup (125 ml) cocoa powder
25 g coconut oil
60 g dark chocolate; broken into pieces
60 g Padkos mixed nuts
1 cup (250 ml) desiccated coconut (for coating)
1. Place the avocado, dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil in a food processor and blend for 2 min. or until a smooth paste is formed. Transfer to a plastic container and set aside.
2. Place the dark chocolate and nuts in the food processor, and pulse into finely chopped pieces.
3. Combine the dark chocolate and nuts with the avocado mixture, cover with cling film and place in the freezer for 20 min. to firm up slightly.
4. Once the mixture is set (although it will still be quite soft), scoop teaspoonfuls of mixture and coat well in the desiccated coconut. Use two teaspoons to transfer the truffles to a tray.
5. Store truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Bull Brand, one of SA’s most iconic food brands, has launched a new bold ‘Inner Strength’ brand repositioning aimed at leveraging the heritage of the brand while finding new relevance for a broader audience.
DHL has appointed Jed Michaletos as Managing Director of DHL Express South Africa, effective from 14 January 2019. Michaletos is responsible for driving business growth for the company in South Africa, with a strong focus on enhancing customer experience, employee engagement and service quality.
Rhodes Food Group, producer of popular convenient baby and toddler food brand Squish, has launched an extended range to its Squish portfolio of 100% fruit and veg purees, and 100% fruit and veg pressed infant juices.
Hansa Golden Crisp, a bespoke beer designed for unisex appeal, has been launched by The South African Breweries.
Try these recipes
Because sometimes we can’t wait until dessert to get our chocolate fix…
Perfect dessert for your Valentine's Day dinner in.
This is not a cheap dish to make, but it is a spectacular meat-free recipe fit for a celebratory lunch or dinner.