Dark Chocolate No-bake Bites
Checkers - Jan 29th, 08:45
Gluten-free, dairy-free and guilt-free, these chocolate truffles are your answer to after dinner cravings. Plus, you can whip up a batch in 30 minutes. And, go!
200 g ripe avocado flesh
200 g pitted dates; roughly chopped
½ cup (125 ml) cocoa powder
25 g coconut oil
60 g dark chocolate; broken into pieces
60 g Padkos mixed nuts
1 cup (250 ml) desiccated coconut (for coating)
1. Place the avocado, dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil in a food processor and blend for 2 min. or until a smooth paste is formed. Transfer to a plastic container and set aside.
2. Place the dark chocolate and nuts in the food processor, and pulse into finely chopped pieces.
3. Combine the dark chocolate and nuts with the avocado mixture, cover with cling film and place in the freezer for 20 min. to firm up slightly.
4. Once the mixture is set (although it will still be quite soft), scoop teaspoonfuls of mixture and coat well in the desiccated coconut. Use two teaspoons to transfer the truffles to a tray.
5. Store truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the superb range of authentic mixers from Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd preferred by most premium distillers, has launched a new 750ml glass collection perfect for stylish drinks on the patio with friends.
Discover new Chateau Del Rei sparkling wine in a can and turn the 18th annual South African Cheese Festival at Sandringham Estate near Stellenbosch into an instant celebration over the weekend of 26 – 28 April 2019.
DHL Express has announced the launch of its new mobile and desktop app aimed at improving the online shopping experience for Africa-based consumers.
KWV was revealed as one of the World’s Most Admired Brands in the annual The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey by Drinks International. Competing with the greatest names in the industry, KWV was ranked 45 out of 50, making it the highest placed brand from South Africa and one of only two South African brands to be featured in this global list.
Try these recipes
Cranberry jelly gives the sauce a sweet and sticky festive flavour.
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
These treats are delectable and brilliantly portable.