Edible Espresso Cups
Checkers - Sep 11th, 14:13
When it comes to good coffee and chocolate, more is more! Try this decadent and oh-so-easy recipe to create your own edible espresso cups. The cookie cups are easy to bake, the melted chocolate is a great touch and the espresso, made using our new Foreign Ground Signature Blends, is the cherry on top!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
100 g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
2. With a hand mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, salt and soda. Add flour and sour cream to butter mixture beat until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 30 equal sized balls. Roll each ball flat and press the dough into a mini muffin tin. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden the dough and then cut off any edges that overlap on the sides. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes, making sure they’re not getting too brown at the end.
4. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently run a thin knife along the sides to pop them out. If you greased the pan well, you shouldn’t have any problems here!
5. Fill each cookie cup with melted chocolate and then pour the extra chocolate back into the bowl of melted chocolate. Place on a tray and leave to cool. Once the chocolate is set fill each cup with an espresso and serve immediately.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Tiso Blackstar is pleased to announce that the Blackstar Holding Group (BHG) has successfully achieved a level 1 B-BBEE contributor status (from a level 2 in the prior year), in accordance with the Department of Trade and Industry’s B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
Fitch & Leedes Blue Tonic, the new blue-blooded mixer from Chill Beverages International (Pty) Ltd, transforms every G&T or vodka into a sensory indulgence.
Red Bull The Summer Edition Coconut & Berry has launched in SA for a limited time only.
NRF B-Complex fizzy is a cranberry flavoured effervescent tablet with antioxidants which helps to boost energy effectively and prevent that frequent afternoon slump. Each tablet should be taken daily in half a glass of water.
Try these recipes
Peanut butter and chocolate make the perfect combination in this decadent mousse tart made with Nutella, cream cheese, smooth peanut butter, vanilla and more.
Make the best of summer produce.
Black garlic gives this classic stir-fry an umami update.
A South African classic gets a summer makeover.