Edible Espresso Cups
Checkers - Sep 11th, 14:13
When it comes to good coffee and chocolate, more is more! Try this decadent and oh-so-easy recipe to create your own edible espresso cups. The cookie cups are easy to bake, the melted chocolate is a great touch and the espresso, made using our new Foreign Ground Signature Blends, is the cherry on top!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
100 g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
2. With a hand mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, salt and soda. Add flour and sour cream to butter mixture beat until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 30 equal sized balls. Roll each ball flat and press the dough into a mini muffin tin. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden the dough and then cut off any edges that overlap on the sides. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes, making sure they’re not getting too brown at the end.
4. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently run a thin knife along the sides to pop them out. If you greased the pan well, you shouldn’t have any problems here!
5. Fill each cookie cup with melted chocolate and then pour the extra chocolate back into the bowl of melted chocolate. Place on a tray and leave to cool. Once the chocolate is set fill each cup with an espresso and serve immediately.Click here for more Checkers recipes
The Sunday Times Lifestyle Gin Awards in partnership with Makro and Fitch & Leedes is proud to celebrate the creators and retailers of locally and internationally crafted gins and variants, with the top 4 local, and top 4 international finalists having been announced. Blind-tasting opportunities around the country will allowing South Africans to taste and vote for their favourites.
Clover Mama Afrika, Clover’s CSI project, recently held a dressmaking course with Linda Venter from Bernina, one of their loyal partners, which hosted seven of the mamas from the project.
In today’s competitive business environment, staying ahead of the game is essential. To do this, manufacturers need to ensure that their equipment remains effective and runs optimally at all times.
While there may not be such thing as a cure-all magic potion, there is a range of powerful liquid concoctions from Theonista currently taking the South African functional and health drink category by storm thanks to delicious flavour combinations, low sugar content, and impressive health benefits.
Try these recipes
Ideal for celebrating Heritage Day!
Busy morning? Have your breakfast on the run with these nifty kebabs.
For this recipe, fresh is best as frozen or canned strawberries are too moist.
A healthy, light lunch.