Edible Espresso Cups
Checkers - Sep 11th 2018, 14:13
When it comes to good coffee and chocolate, more is more! Try this decadent and oh-so-easy recipe to create your own edible espresso cups. The cookie cups are easy to bake, the melted chocolate is a great touch and the espresso, made using our new Foreign Ground Signature Blends, is the cherry on top!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
100 g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
2. With a hand mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, salt and soda. Add flour and sour cream to butter mixture beat until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 30 equal sized balls. Roll each ball flat and press the dough into a mini muffin tin. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden the dough and then cut off any edges that overlap on the sides. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes, making sure they’re not getting too brown at the end.
4. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently run a thin knife along the sides to pop them out. If you greased the pan well, you shouldn’t have any problems here!
5. Fill each cookie cup with melted chocolate and then pour the extra chocolate back into the bowl of melted chocolate. Place on a tray and leave to cool. Once the chocolate is set fill each cup with an espresso and serve immediately.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Rhodes Food Group, producer of popular convenient baby and toddler food brand Squish, has launched an extended range to its Squish portfolio of 100% fruit and veg purees, and 100% fruit and veg pressed infant juices.
Hansa Golden Crisp, a bespoke beer designed for unisex appeal, has been launched by The South African Breweries.
Transform traditional trifle into a red velvet Christmas confection by adding vanilla cream cheese filling and seasonal berries.
New Fitch & Leedes Spicy Ginger Beer, the intrepid mixer with a sense of adventure from Chill Beverages International (Pty) Ltd, is taking the enjoyment of fine spirits to the next level.
Try these recipes
A delicious favourite gets a nutritious twist that’s guaranteed to keep your loved ones both happy and healthy. Serves 10.
This relish tastes good with chicken or beef.
These potato skins are stuffed with a whole lot of creaminess.
Bursting with flavour and colour.