Edible Espresso Cups
Checkers - Sep 11th 2018, 14:13
When it comes to good coffee and chocolate, more is more! Try this decadent and oh-so-easy recipe to create your own edible espresso cups. The cookie cups are easy to bake, the melted chocolate is a great touch and the espresso, made using our new Foreign Ground Signature Blends, is the cherry on top!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
100 g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
2. With a hand mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, salt and soda. Add flour and sour cream to butter mixture beat until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 30 equal sized balls. Roll each ball flat and press the dough into a mini muffin tin. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden the dough and then cut off any edges that overlap on the sides. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes, making sure they’re not getting too brown at the end.
4. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently run a thin knife along the sides to pop them out. If you greased the pan well, you shouldn’t have any problems here!
5. Fill each cookie cup with melted chocolate and then pour the extra chocolate back into the bowl of melted chocolate. Place on a tray and leave to cool. Once the chocolate is set fill each cup with an espresso and serve immediately.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the superb range of authentic mixers from Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd preferred by most premium distillers, has launched a new 750ml glass collection perfect for stylish drinks on the patio with friends.
Discover new Chateau Del Rei sparkling wine in a can and turn the 18th annual South African Cheese Festival at Sandringham Estate near Stellenbosch into an instant celebration over the weekend of 26 – 28 April 2019.
DHL Express has announced the launch of its new mobile and desktop app aimed at improving the online shopping experience for Africa-based consumers.
KWV was revealed as one of the World’s Most Admired Brands in the annual The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey by Drinks International. Competing with the greatest names in the industry, KWV was ranked 45 out of 50, making it the highest placed brand from South Africa and one of only two South African brands to be featured in this global list.
Try these recipes
Cranberry jelly gives the sauce a sweet and sticky festive flavour.
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
These treats are delectable and brilliantly portable.