Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle
Checkers - Apr 15th, 08:44
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
For the trifle you’ll need:
2 x 6-pack Frey chocolate hot cross buns
1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate liqueur or Kahlúa liqueur
1/2 cup (125 ml) coffee
2ℓ ready-made chocolate mousse
3 cups (750 ml) cream
2 tins caramel; whisked until smooth
1 tbsp. (15 ml) caster sugar
Caramel or toffee sauce for drizzling
2 meringue bunny ears for garnish
Easter eggs for garnish
Gold dust for garnish
• Pour the liqueur into the coffee and drizzle over the hot cross buns. Allow to soak for a couple of minutes.
• Place a generous layer of chocolate mousse at the base of the trifle bowl and neatly place a couple of hot cross buns on top of the mousse.
• Whip 500 ml cream to form soft peaks and gently fold into the whisked caramel. Pour the cream and caramel mixture over the hot cross buns then top with more chocolate mousse and hot cross buns.
• Whip the remaining cream and caster sugar until soft peaks form then dollop on top of the trifle. Place the meringue bunny ears into the back of the trifle and garnish with Easter eggs of your choice.
• Garnish with a touch of gold dust and drizzle with caramel or toffee sauce just before serving.
Creates one large bowl of trifle.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Helping needy local communities has become a cornerstone of the Kit Kat Group’s annual outreach. This year, for the tenth consecutive year, the group has donated blankets that its staff members have handed out to local community members, hospitals and schools. Over 700 blankets are donated annually each winter, providing much-needed warmth to recipients.
Tiso Blackstar Group has announced the acquisition of media titles The Media, and The Media Online, as well as the annual MOST Awards and EasyDIY magazine and www.easyDIY.co.za, from Wag The Dog Publishers. They will be incorporated into the Group’s Events, Magazine and Online Publishing division as of 1 July 2019.
Score Energy Drink, the proud supporter of youth development in South Africa, is giving 300 young people the chance to better themselves with the help of life skills academy, Pride Factor.
Barker and Quin, South Africa’s leading producer of premium natural tonic water, has joined the Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards as a headline trophy sponsor.
Try these recipes
Usually made with whisky, this Old Fashioned gets a New World makeover with Tequila and honey.
Fresh grapes, sparkling wine, and gin make up this fruity French-inspired cocktail.
A bacon wrapped tenderloin stuffed with a herby, cheesy, fruity filling that perfectly complements the pork.
Cinnamon and pumpkin are a classic combo that never disappoints.