Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle
Checkers - Apr 15th, 08:44
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
For the trifle you’ll need:
2 x 6-pack Frey chocolate hot cross buns
1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate liqueur or Kahlúa liqueur
1/2 cup (125 ml) coffee
2ℓ ready-made chocolate mousse
3 cups (750 ml) cream
2 tins caramel; whisked until smooth
1 tbsp. (15 ml) caster sugar
Caramel or toffee sauce for drizzling
2 meringue bunny ears for garnish
Easter eggs for garnish
Gold dust for garnish
• Pour the liqueur into the coffee and drizzle over the hot cross buns. Allow to soak for a couple of minutes.
• Place a generous layer of chocolate mousse at the base of the trifle bowl and neatly place a couple of hot cross buns on top of the mousse.
• Whip 500 ml cream to form soft peaks and gently fold into the whisked caramel. Pour the cream and caramel mixture over the hot cross buns then top with more chocolate mousse and hot cross buns.
• Whip the remaining cream and caster sugar until soft peaks form then dollop on top of the trifle. Place the meringue bunny ears into the back of the trifle and garnish with Easter eggs of your choice.
• Garnish with a touch of gold dust and drizzle with caramel or toffee sauce just before serving.
Creates one large bowl of trifle.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the superb range of authentic mixers from Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd preferred by most premium distillers, has launched a new 750ml glass collection perfect for stylish drinks on the patio with friends.
Discover new Chateau Del Rei sparkling wine in a can and turn the 18th annual South African Cheese Festival at Sandringham Estate near Stellenbosch into an instant celebration over the weekend of 26 – 28 April 2019.
DHL Express has announced the launch of its new mobile and desktop app aimed at improving the online shopping experience for Africa-based consumers.
KWV was revealed as one of the World’s Most Admired Brands in the annual The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey by Drinks International. Competing with the greatest names in the industry, KWV was ranked 45 out of 50, making it the highest placed brand from South Africa and one of only two South African brands to be featured in this global list.
Try these recipes
Cranberry jelly gives the sauce a sweet and sticky festive flavour.
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
These treats are delectable and brilliantly portable.
The best of both worlds.