Hot Cross Bun Burger
Checkers - Apr 10th, 13:11
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
2 traditional hot cross buns; halved
2 lean beef burger patties
2 raclette cheese slices
40 g Farmer’s Deli black forest ham
¼ mini cabbage; shredded
6 mangetout; thinly sliced
2 radishes; thinly sliced
2 tbsp. (30 ml) mayonnaise
1 small handful of iceberg lettuce; roughly torn
1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
Salt and pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice
For the slaw:
1. Place the cabbage, mangetout, radishes and lettuce into a bowl and pour the olive oil, lemon juice and honey over.
2. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
For the burger patties:
1. Preheat the oven to grill.
2. Heat a grill pan to medium heat and grill each half of the hot cross buns. Set aside.
3. Lightly brush each burger patty with a little extra olive oil and grill for 2–3 minutes on each side or until each one is just cooked through.
4. Place a cheese slice on the patty and place under the grill for a couple of seconds or until the cheese has melted.
1. Spread a little mayonnaise onto the bottom half of each hot cross bun and top with a little slaw.
2. Place the burger patty on top, with a few slices of black forest ham.
3. Cover with the other halved hot cross bun and enjoy.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the superb range of authentic mixers from Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd preferred by most premium distillers, has launched a new 750ml glass collection perfect for stylish drinks on the patio with friends.
Discover new Chateau Del Rei sparkling wine in a can and turn the 18th annual South African Cheese Festival at Sandringham Estate near Stellenbosch into an instant celebration over the weekend of 26 – 28 April 2019.
DHL Express has announced the launch of its new mobile and desktop app aimed at improving the online shopping experience for Africa-based consumers.
KWV was revealed as one of the World’s Most Admired Brands in the annual The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey by Drinks International. Competing with the greatest names in the industry, KWV was ranked 45 out of 50, making it the highest placed brand from South Africa and one of only two South African brands to be featured in this global list.
Try these recipes
Cranberry jelly gives the sauce a sweet and sticky festive flavour.
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
These treats are delectable and brilliantly portable.
The best of both worlds.