Hot Cross Bun Burger
Checkers - Apr 10th, 13:11
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
2 traditional hot cross buns; halved
2 lean beef burger patties
2 raclette cheese slices
40 g Farmer’s Deli black forest ham
¼ mini cabbage; shredded
6 mangetout; thinly sliced
2 radishes; thinly sliced
2 tbsp. (30 ml) mayonnaise
1 small handful of iceberg lettuce; roughly torn
1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
Salt and pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice
For the slaw:
1. Place the cabbage, mangetout, radishes and lettuce into a bowl and pour the olive oil, lemon juice and honey over.
2. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
For the burger patties:
1. Preheat the oven to grill.
2. Heat a grill pan to medium heat and grill each half of the hot cross buns. Set aside.
3. Lightly brush each burger patty with a little extra olive oil and grill for 2–3 minutes on each side or until each one is just cooked through.
4. Place a cheese slice on the patty and place under the grill for a couple of seconds or until the cheese has melted.
1. Spread a little mayonnaise onto the bottom half of each hot cross bun and top with a little slaw.
2. Place the burger patty on top, with a few slices of black forest ham.
3. Cover with the other halved hot cross bun and enjoy.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Helping needy local communities has become a cornerstone of the Kit Kat Group’s annual outreach. This year, for the tenth consecutive year, the group has donated blankets that its staff members have handed out to local community members, hospitals and schools. Over 700 blankets are donated annually each winter, providing much-needed warmth to recipients.
Tiso Blackstar Group has announced the acquisition of media titles The Media, and The Media Online, as well as the annual MOST Awards and EasyDIY magazine and www.easyDIY.co.za, from Wag The Dog Publishers. They will be incorporated into the Group’s Events, Magazine and Online Publishing division as of 1 July 2019.
Score Energy Drink, the proud supporter of youth development in South Africa, is giving 300 young people the chance to better themselves with the help of life skills academy, Pride Factor.
Barker and Quin, South Africa’s leading producer of premium natural tonic water, has joined the Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards as a headline trophy sponsor.
Try these recipes
Usually made with whisky, this Old Fashioned gets a New World makeover with Tequila and honey.
Fresh grapes, sparkling wine, and gin make up this fruity French-inspired cocktail.
A bacon wrapped tenderloin stuffed with a herby, cheesy, fruity filling that perfectly complements the pork.
Cinnamon and pumpkin are a classic combo that never disappoints.