Jazz Apple Tart
Checkers - Jul 3rd, 09:19
Add a pop of red and a dash of natural sweetness to your meal with this delicious jazz apple tart recipe.
1 roll (400g) puff pastry; defrosted
2 tbsp (30ml) apricot jam
6 large jazz apples
Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp (45ml) butter; diced
2 tbsp (30ml) honey
• Preheat oven to 220°C or as per packet instructions.
• Prepare a 25cm loose bottom quiche tin with cooking spray and set aside.
• Roll out the pastry and trim into a round about 30cm across. Use quiche tin as a guide, add 5cm to the border and trim.
• Lay pastry over the quiche tin. Carefully shape pastry around and up the inside of the tin to create a pie.
• Spread the base of the pie with apricot jam and using a fork, poke a few holes into the base of the pastry.
• Slice apples into quarters, core, thinly slice and toss into lemon juice.
• Remove apples from lemon juice, add vanilla extract and cinnamon to the apple slices and toss to coat.
• Arrange sliced apples on the jam-covered pastry. Curl the edges over the edge of the apples.
• Lightly whisk egg yolk and brush onto the exposed pastry.
• Dot the top of the pie with butter and drizzle with honey before baking for 20-25 minutes
• Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
The simple sandwich - it’s more than just two slices of bread, it’s the memory of the person who made it for you, the moment you shared and the traditions that are passed on from generation to generation.
Try these recipes
Sit back and relax after dinner with a delicious home-made dom pedro. This cheeky whisky cocktail is easy to make and a sweet adults-only treat.
Outrageously rich and delicious.
With hearty lentils and gourmet mushrooms, you won’t even miss the meat in this vegetarian take on an Italian classic.
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.