Jazz Apple Tart
Checkers - Jul 3rd, 09:19
Add a pop of red and a dash of natural sweetness to your meal with this delicious jazz apple tart recipe.
1 roll (400g) puff pastry; defrosted
2 tbsp (30ml) apricot jam
6 large jazz apples
Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp (45ml) butter; diced
2 tbsp (30ml) honey
• Preheat oven to 220°C or as per packet instructions.
• Prepare a 25cm loose bottom quiche tin with cooking spray and set aside.
• Roll out the pastry and trim into a round about 30cm across. Use quiche tin as a guide, add 5cm to the border and trim.
• Lay pastry over the quiche tin. Carefully shape pastry around and up the inside of the tin to create a pie.
• Spread the base of the pie with apricot jam and using a fork, poke a few holes into the base of the pastry.
• Slice apples into quarters, core, thinly slice and toss into lemon juice.
• Remove apples from lemon juice, add vanilla extract and cinnamon to the apple slices and toss to coat.
• Arrange sliced apples on the jam-covered pastry. Curl the edges over the edge of the apples.
• Lightly whisk egg yolk and brush onto the exposed pastry.
• Dot the top of the pie with butter and drizzle with honey before baking for 20-25 minutes
• Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Chateau Del Rei, the stylish sparkling wine in a can, introduces two new bubblies this summer because all good things come in threes.
For the majority of South Africans, the festive season is a time of relaxation, joy and reconnecting with loved ones. However, according to animal welfare societies in South Africa, it is notoriously a time where more animals than normal are admitted to these facilities.
The Clover Mama Afrika 2019 cooks and bakers returned for the last course of the year. This training session was made possible by a new project partner, Mergon Foundation and it was dedicated to baking and cake decorating.
Mzansi’s iconic bubble gum, Chappies, has been bringing consumers together with its fun flavours and quirky ‘Did You Know?’ facts for over 70 years.
Try these recipes
A cheat's white sauce means a one-way ticket to Italy.
A layered vegan pudding that everyone will enjoy.
Soft and fluffy blueberry muffins with fudge crumble are a must-eat pastry. Try this simple recipe now.
A rich and creamy risotto with crispy bacon and cheese.