Let Appletiser bring some romance into your life with their limited edition 275ml collectable pack and exciting new Augmented Reality technology
Mar 27th 2015, 08:59
This March let Appletiser add a little spice to your life with their innovative, interactive and exciting new limited edition 275ml collectable pack. By combining new Augmented Reality Technology and beautiful collectable bottles Appletiser is helping everyone step up the romance in their lives.
Appletiser has used Augmented Reality to make 3 unique, interactive 3D animated characters come to life with their new limited edition 275ml collectable pack. AR-technology allows you with your smartphone or tablet to see computer-generated objects and characters interact with your real-world environment in three dimensions. With Appletiser’s new collectible pack you are able to watch 3 fun characters come to life right in front of your eyes. Here’s how it works:
• Appletiser has created three distinct characters for their 275ml collectable campaign. They are Johnny Appleseed (a quirky male character who hasn’t had much luck in the love department), Apple Blossom (a beautiful, sexy and sensational female character who is looking for love) and QP1D (he is not your average cupid, instead of a bow and arrow he uses a bazooka to make people fall in love, instead of wings he also has a hovercraft)
• To experience Appletiser’s AR, simply download the APPletiser App (from the IOS App Store, Google’s Play Store or www.appletiser.co.za) on your phone or tablet and use it to scan the bottom label of your purchased 275ml Collectable Appletiser bottle
• Once the bottle has been scanned, either Johnny Appleseed, Apple Blossom or QP1D will start entertaining you with a hilarious series of AR clips that vary depending on the 3 variations of the bottom labels which are Love, Romance, Dream
• The real magic happens when you scan 2 bottles with 2 different bottom labels together at the same time – this will prompt Johnny, Apple and QP1D to interact with each other in various entertaining ways, right in front of your eyes
• In other words you would need to put different bottom label bottles together to see the 9 different character interactions come to life. For example a Love and Romance label combination will have a different interaction to a Romance and Dream combination and to a Love and Dream interaction etc.
Augmented Reality is not the only special aspect about the Appletiser collectable pack. The 275ml bottles have been designed to be collectables. There are 28 specially designed labels that relate to romance. With fun and quirky sayings like “I got it from my Mamma”, “Wild Thing”, “Hugs and Kisses” you can make your special someone, crush or friends feel loved with these unique limited edition bottles.
“We felt that this would be the perfect way to combine beautiful art and amazing technology to help our fans to break the ice and hopefully start some fun conversations and maybe even some new friendships or relationships,” says Serena Ramiah Brand Manager for Appletiser “We are really excited at employing this relatively new technology in such a unique, innovative way and we believe our fans will love the experience of interacting with the characters as well as collecting the beautiful bottles.”
The limited edition 275ml collectable pack will be in selected stores by March 2015 and will be available for the Appletiser and Grapetiser ranges. So what are you waiting for? Spice up your life with the Appletiser collectable pack and get ready to Crown your Moment with romance.
For more info, or simply to chat about your Appletiser AR experience, find us on Facebook on https://www.facebook.com/AppletiserSA and on Twitter at @AppletiserZA and tell us what you think.
Around the World, 17th June is observed as ‘Eat Your Vegetables Day’ and is one more opportunity to remind everyone that veggies are an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. They come in every shape and colour of the rainbow and everyone has their favourite! We can all agree that vegetables are versatile, can be added to any meal and are important for daily consumption as they’re a vital source of nutrients.
Chivas is shaking up the Scotch whisky category with the launch of Chivas XV - a 15-year-old blend that challenges conventions around how and when to enjoy Scotch whisky.
Bavaria, South Africa’s leading 0.0% beer brand, recently announced a three-year sponsorship deal with the prestigious Comrades Marathon. In order to celebrate the sponsorship announcement, Bavaria has created an emotional video celebrating Maurice Rosen, a veteran runner of the race who will be competing for his 36th Comrades finish this year – summing up the qualities of tradition, bravery, resilience and tenacity that the race is known for.
Fitch & Leedes, the authentic range of mixers, in collaboration with Bokeh Lifestyle and Fashion Film Festival are giving local filmmakers the chance to get their hands on R75 000.
Try these recipes
A delicious favourite gets a nutritious twist that’s guaranteed to keep your loved ones both happy and healthy. Serves 10.
Layers of chicken, red onion and mushroom in a creamy béchamel sauce. A super dish for entertaining or taking with you on holiday.
A rich and creamy baked cheesecake heaped with a deep red, fresh raspberry sauce.
Banters at your braai? This Steakhouse Classic picanha with broccoli and Asian dressing is a definite winner.
Technology makes end-to-end supply chain visibility and predictive analytics a reality
20/05/2019 - 09:31
Line of sight is the biggest challenge for all aspects of the supply chain, from the manufacturer to the wholesaler, distributor, and the reseller and even to the end consumer. This lack of visibility and resulting lack of control results in a number of issues, from stock losses to pricing inflation, uncertain availability and increased time to market.
HR and Payroll need to embrace tech change
10/04/2019 - 13:40
Technology permeates every aspect of business today. Even the more traditional people-centric processes of human resources (HR) and payroll have benefited from automation, machine learning, and the like. The challenge lies in whether organisations can keep up with this rapidly evolving landscape, especially in a mobile-centric environment such as South Africa, declares Ian McAlister, General Manager of CRS Technologies South Africa.
Cathedral Cellar comes to life with augmented reality labels
09/04/2019 - 10:29
Cathedral Cellar is relaunching globally with wine labels which allow wine enthusiasts to invite its winemaker, Wim Truter, to their dinner time conversation, via augmented reality technology.
SA consumers embrace digital shopping
08/04/2019 - 09:30
Smartphones have become the go-to technology for online shopping, with more than 20percent of South African consumers using them weekly over other mobile devices.
Consumer readiness to embrace technology-driven innovation
04/04/2019 - 11:18
Our world is changing. Advances in cloud, mobile, edge computing, IoT and AI are unlocking new business opportunities at a speed not seen before.