Red Velvet Trifle with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
Checkers - Dec 3rd, 09:55
Transform traditional trifle into a red velvet Christmas confection by adding vanilla cream cheese filling and seasonal berries.
3 red velvet trifle sponge cakes; cut into small cubes
2 x 230 g cream cheese
½ cup icing sugar; sifted
1½ cups cream
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Fresh seasonal berries; to garnish
Extra icing sugar; for dusting
1. Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a glass bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. In another glass bowl, whip the cream and vanilla essence until soft peaks form.
3. Whisk a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix and then gently fold in the rest.
4. Place half of the cubed red velvet cake into the base of a trifle bowl and spoon half of the cream cheese filling over it.
5. Scatter the remaining red velvet cake on top of the filling and top with the last of the cream cheese mix.
6. Garnish with fresh seasonal berries and a light dusting of icing sugar.
Serves 8–10Click here for more Checkers recipes
Hansa Golden Crisp, a bespoke beer designed for unisex appeal, has been launched by The South African Breweries.
New Fitch & Leedes Spicy Ginger Beer, the intrepid mixer with a sense of adventure from Chill Beverages International (Pty) Ltd, is taking the enjoyment of fine spirits to the next level.
Tiso Blackstar is pleased to announce that the Blackstar Holding Group (BHG) has successfully achieved a level 1 B-BBEE contributor status (from a level 2 in the prior year), in accordance with the Department of Trade and Industry’s B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
Try these recipes
Keeps your breath minty fresh.
Zesty lemon cuts through the rich cream cheese creating the perfect bed for the delicate prawn and salmon flavours to rest on.
Replace fish with chicken mince, if you like.