Red Velvet Trifle with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
Checkers - Dec 3rd 2018, 09:55
Transform traditional trifle into a red velvet Christmas confection by adding vanilla cream cheese filling and seasonal berries.
3 red velvet trifle sponge cakes; cut into small cubes
2 x 230 g cream cheese
½ cup icing sugar; sifted
1½ cups cream
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Fresh seasonal berries; to garnish
Extra icing sugar; for dusting
1. Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a glass bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. In another glass bowl, whip the cream and vanilla essence until soft peaks form.
3. Whisk a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix and then gently fold in the rest.
4. Place half of the cubed red velvet cake into the base of a trifle bowl and spoon half of the cream cheese filling over it.
5. Scatter the remaining red velvet cake on top of the filling and top with the last of the cream cheese mix.
6. Garnish with fresh seasonal berries and a light dusting of icing sugar.
Serves 8–10Click here for more Checkers recipes
Bull Brand, one of SA’s most iconic food brands, has launched a new bold ‘Inner Strength’ brand repositioning aimed at leveraging the heritage of the brand while finding new relevance for a broader audience.
DHL has appointed Jed Michaletos as Managing Director of DHL Express South Africa, effective from 14 January 2019. Michaletos is responsible for driving business growth for the company in South Africa, with a strong focus on enhancing customer experience, employee engagement and service quality.
Rhodes Food Group, producer of popular convenient baby and toddler food brand Squish, has launched an extended range to its Squish portfolio of 100% fruit and veg purees, and 100% fruit and veg pressed infant juices.
Hansa Golden Crisp, a bespoke beer designed for unisex appeal, has been launched by The South African Breweries.
Try these recipes
Because sometimes we can’t wait until dessert to get our chocolate fix…
Perfect dessert for your Valentine's Day dinner in.
This is not a cheap dish to make, but it is a spectacular meat-free recipe fit for a celebratory lunch or dinner.