Red Velvet Trifle with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
Checkers - Dec 3rd 2018, 09:55
Transform traditional trifle into a red velvet Christmas confection by adding vanilla cream cheese filling and seasonal berries.
3 red velvet trifle sponge cakes; cut into small cubes
2 x 230 g cream cheese
½ cup icing sugar; sifted
1½ cups cream
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Fresh seasonal berries; to garnish
Extra icing sugar; for dusting
1. Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a glass bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. In another glass bowl, whip the cream and vanilla essence until soft peaks form.
3. Whisk a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix and then gently fold in the rest.
4. Place half of the cubed red velvet cake into the base of a trifle bowl and spoon half of the cream cheese filling over it.
5. Scatter the remaining red velvet cake on top of the filling and top with the last of the cream cheese mix.
6. Garnish with fresh seasonal berries and a light dusting of icing sugar.
Serves 8–10Click here for more Checkers recipes
Fitch & Leedes, the superb range of authentic mixers from Chill Beverages International (PTY) Ltd preferred by most premium distillers, has launched a new 750ml glass collection perfect for stylish drinks on the patio with friends.
Discover new Chateau Del Rei sparkling wine in a can and turn the 18th annual South African Cheese Festival at Sandringham Estate near Stellenbosch into an instant celebration over the weekend of 26 – 28 April 2019.
DHL Express has announced the launch of its new mobile and desktop app aimed at improving the online shopping experience for Africa-based consumers.
KWV was revealed as one of the World’s Most Admired Brands in the annual The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey by Drinks International. Competing with the greatest names in the industry, KWV was ranked 45 out of 50, making it the highest placed brand from South Africa and one of only two South African brands to be featured in this global list.
Try these recipes
Cranberry jelly gives the sauce a sweet and sticky festive flavour.
The hunt for extraordinary begins at Checkers with this decadent Frey Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Trifle. With this easy recipe, you’ll amaze your guests and treat their taste buds to a mouth-watering, sweet and unique dessert in no time.
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
These treats are delectable and brilliantly portable.