Red Velvet Trifle with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
Checkers - Dec 3rd 2018, 09:55
Transform traditional trifle into a red velvet Christmas confection by adding vanilla cream cheese filling and seasonal berries.
3 red velvet trifle sponge cakes; cut into small cubes
2 x 230 g cream cheese
½ cup icing sugar; sifted
1½ cups cream
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Fresh seasonal berries; to garnish
Extra icing sugar; for dusting
1. Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a glass bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. In another glass bowl, whip the cream and vanilla essence until soft peaks form.
3. Whisk a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix and then gently fold in the rest.
4. Place half of the cubed red velvet cake into the base of a trifle bowl and spoon half of the cream cheese filling over it.
5. Scatter the remaining red velvet cake on top of the filling and top with the last of the cream cheese mix.
6. Garnish with fresh seasonal berries and a light dusting of icing sugar.
Serves 8–10Click here for more Checkers recipes
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
The simple sandwich - it’s more than just two slices of bread, it’s the memory of the person who made it for you, the moment you shared and the traditions that are passed on from generation to generation.
Try these recipes
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.
A warm winter pud.
We didn’t think you could improve a chocolate brownie – ‘til we added more chocolate and a hit of Foreign Ground coffee.
Meat-free curries are just as supreme!