Retail sector braces for Digital Retail Forum 2019 in Johannesburg
DRF - Jan 15th, 11:26
African retailers are facing a rapid evolution of technology and online players like Take-A-Lot in South Africa, Konga in Nigeria and Jumia Kenya have entered the market, which has created huge competition for brick-and-mortar incumbents.
The internet and customer expectations are forcing retailers to reassess the service they provide, not just in terms of convenience and pace, but engagement and enjoyability.
On 30 January 2019, IT News Africa will host Digital Retail Forum 2019 ( www.digitalretailforum.co.za ) at the Hilton Hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Themed Harnessing Digital Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing, DRF2019 will focus on how emerging technologies such as Ai, IoT, drones, digital payment solutions, new eCommerce models and mobility are disrupting the retail sector. This event will also delve into how to survive by harnessing new technology to improve both Customer Experience and Operational Efficiency.
A variety of professionals will visit #DigitalRetailForum looking for products and services that will help them increase productivity, reduce costs, attract more customers, improve customer experience, enhance security and sell more - whether they are small independent retailers or large retail groups.
Key topics to be discussed:
• Leveraging data to understand customer segments, manage risks and enhance decision making.
• Mapping your journey from brick-and-mortar to eCommerce.
• Leveraging mobile technology to enhance your in-store experience.
• Making Mobile Payment for Everything a reality.
• Leveraging AI to impact your bottom line and CX.
• Real-World retail digital transformation stories.
• Order Fulfilment: Improving efficiency and speed of delivery.
• Understanding the key drivers within the South African retail sector.
• Understanding the digital customer’s journey.
• Utilising technology to identify customer pain-points.
• Optimizing inventory management and supply chains with technology.
• Closing the gap between technology and personalization.
• Customer engagement with interactive digital signage and point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
• Delivering a technology platform that empowers the business and delights customers.
• Assessing emerging retail models and technologies that will define 2019 and beyond.
• Adapting to Generation Z – “the digital shopper”.
• The store of the future.
Confirmed speakers for Digital Retail Forum 2019 include:
• Ben Williams, GM: Online at Exclusive Books
• Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking & Chief Risk Office at First National Bank
• Alastair Tempest, CEO at e-commerce Forum Africa
• Vera Nagtegaal, Executive Head of Hippo.co.za
• Stephen Mallaby, COO at Argility Technology Group
• Richard Phillips, Joint CEO at Cash Connect Management Solutions
• Felipe Penacoba Martinez, CIO Retail & Business Banking at Santander UK
• Frans Van der Colff, Director at TIA
• Gareth Hawkey, CEO at redPanda Software
• Priya Thakoor, Chief Digital Officer at Coca-Cola
• Kofi Abunu, Chief Development Officer (Nigeria & Ghana) at Food Concepts Plc
• Lesego Moagi, Marketing Executive at AutoZone South Africa
• Bradley Elliot, Founder at Platinum Seed
• Vian Chinner, CEO at Xineoh
• Warrick Kernes, CEO at Insaka eCommerce Academy
To register, speak or exhibit at the conference, visit:www.digitalretailforum.co.za
Click here for more information on Digital Retail Forum 2019
On Wednesday, 30 January 2019, the Digital Retail Forum (DRF) which took place at the Hilton Hotel in Sandton sparked conversations about making digital innovation a key process within all retail organisations.
On 30 January 2019, IT News Africa will host the Digital Retail Forum 2019 at the Hilton Sandton located in Johannesburg, South Africa. This highly anticipated event will cover the theme of “Harnessing Digital Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing.”