Rhodes Quality introduces two new flavours to their Chakalaka range
Rhodes Food Group - Jun 18th, 14:17
Chakalaka is a uniquely South African favourite. Born out of the townships of SA it’s a delicious, spicy dish made with onions, tomatoes and often beans. It has been a staple at the family dinner table for generations and is usually served hot or cold, over pap, with meat dishes, bread and more recently in favourites like stews, pastas and baked pies.
Rhodes Quality has extended its existing, convenient Chakalaka range to include two new flavours: Chakalaka with Peas and Extra Hot & Spicy. The Chakalaka range now consists of seven variants including:
- Chakalaka Hot & Spicy
- Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
- Chakalaka with Beans
- Chakalaka with Corn
- Chakalaka with Sweet Potato
The new range of flavours gives consumers a convenient variant for any Chakalaka dish they wish to make. Why not try this fiery chicken Winter dish perfect to feed a crowd with new Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Extra Hot & Spicy?
Recipe: Chakalaka Chicken Curry
- 1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy
- 12 Chicken pieces
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Pakco Masala Curry Powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Bisto Corn Flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) Water
- 2 Generous handfuls of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken pieces in batches on all sides until evenly browned. Reserve to one side.
2. In the same saucepan, fry the onions until softened.
3. Add the Pakco Masala Curry Powder and stir well.
4. Add the chicken back to the pan.
5. Add the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy and stir to mix.
6. Mix the Bisto Corn Flour powder with the water and whisk until smooth. Add to the saucepan.
7. Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
8. Continue to cook over a gentle heat for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
9. Season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.
10. Serve over rice or pap.
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
The simple sandwich - it’s more than just two slices of bread, it’s the memory of the person who made it for you, the moment you shared and the traditions that are passed on from generation to generation.
Try these recipes
Sit back and relax after dinner with a delicious home-made dom pedro. This cheeky whisky cocktail is easy to make and a sweet adults-only treat.
Outrageously rich and delicious.
With hearty lentils and gourmet mushrooms, you won’t even miss the meat in this vegetarian take on an Italian classic.
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.