Rice Paper Salad Wraps
Checkers - Mar 15th, 14:54
Revolutionise your wrap game with these rice paper salad wraps. Intriguing to the eye and the palate, these are a win-win, no matter the occasion.
20 rice paper wraps
1 tub (300 g) seasonal fruit salad
Prepared cranberry and Parmesan salad
Prepared Greek salad
1 pkt. Italian seed sprinkle
1 pkt. peanut & seed sprinkles
1 pkt. julienne beetroot
1 pkt. julienne carrot
1 pkt. sliced red onions
1. Soak rice wraps in cool water for 1–2 minutes or until soft. Remove from water and place on a clean kitchen towel.
2. Place sliced fruit in the middle of rice paper wrap, leaving a 2–3 cm border above the top and the base of the filling.
3. Place a few lettuce leaves and the salad fillings on top of the fruit.
4. Sprinkle with your choice of a mixture of julienne beetroot, carrot or sliced red onions.
5. Scatter with Italian or peanut mix sprinkles.
6. Fold the bottom half of the rice paper over, then fold the sides in and tightly roll it up.
Serves 6.Click here for more Checkers recipes
As South Africa celebrates Women’s Month this August, Bavaria magnifies and highlights the vital role that women play in society: the mothers who raised us, and the daughters who continue to bind families together. Women are a source of power and a symbol of progress. Indeed, they are the very fabric that weaves our great nation together.
The 3rd annual Soweto Kota Festival will take place on 7 and 8 September 2019, and SASKO, the experts in milling and baking, is proud to announce it has renewed its sponsorship for a third year.
Blowing the nose frequently, because of allergies, colds or flu, can leave the delicate skin around the nose and lips chapped, red and sore. Letibalm, formulated specifically to protect and care for the lips, nose and the skin in-between, now has an improved formula and there’s a new addition to the family – new Letibalm Junior Nose and Lips Repair Fluid.
KWV Brandy is proud to announce that it cinched another award in a major spirits competition.
Try these recipes
A shot of espresso enhances the chocolate flavour.
Panna Cotta is usually prepared as a dessert, but this recipe foregrounds the savoury, delicate flavours of asparagus and lightly smoked trout which pairs wonderfully with Cathedral Cellar Sauvignon Blanc. Recipe provided courtesy of Cathedral Cellar wines. (Serves 4).
A rich, savoury showstopper, perfect with a glass of wine, or as a light meal with well-dressed greens and succulent lamb chops.
A simple curry with the benefit of very little fat and fibre-rich chickpeas!