Shoprite introduces celebrity stylist Jawad Maphoto as first ever hair ambassador
Issued by Shoprite Holdings - Feb 7th 2017, 13:23
Multi-award winning salon owner and celebrity stylist Jawad Maphoto is Shoprite’s new hair ambassador.
With everyday low prices on a wide range of hair extensions and accessories, hair care as well as styling products, Shoprite is the destination for consumers who wish to look good and feel great. With 12 years’ industry experience, Maphoto regularly ensures that stars such as Boity Thulo, Dineo Moeketsi and Terry Pheto turn heads on the red carpet. “My clients tell me it’s important that they feel attractive and well groomed. When their hair looks good, they feel good and when they feel good, they feel confident!”
To ensure good hair days galore in 2017, Jawad recommends getting back to basics by paying careful attention to taking care of your hair:
• A healthy scalp is the foundation for strong, healthy hair so take good care of it with the new Head & Shoulders African Hair & Scalp Care range.
• To care for natural hair, use a moisture balance shampoo and conditioner twice a week. Apply a non-drip oil moisturising spray daily to enhance your hair’s natural shine and softness while maintaining its proper moisture balance and growth.
• To look after your weave, shampoo and condition it at least once every two weeks. Apply hair food to your scalp to nourish it and promote hair growth. A hair serum will help to avoid tangling. Straighten or blow-dry your weave for a natural shine.
• When relaxing fragile hair, use a moisture treatment two weeks beforehand followed by a protein treatment two weeks afterwards to strengthen hair. Also use a good oil moisturiser on a daily basis to maintain proper moisture balance.
• Braided hair will benefit from a braid spray or a light scalp treatment to maintain your hair’s health and moisture.
• Treat dry and brittle hair with a leave-in conditioner. Apply an oil sheen spray, as it will form a barrier between the hair follicles and the moisture in the atmosphere, protecting the hair against frizz.
“Last but not least, don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone in 2017,” says Shoprite’s new hair ambassador. “Try new looks, colours and trends. You may just be pleasantly surprised!”
See what Jawad has to say about his new partnership with Shoprite: https://www.facebook.com/ShopriteSA/videos/727619567415226/
4 October 2016. The Shoprite Group is commemorating World Food Day this October by reaffirming its commitment to fighting hunger in the communities in which it operates.
August 2016. South African’s will have an opportunity to vote for the country’s best Boerewors when the Top 3 recipes from this year’s Championship Boerewors competition become available in all Shoprite and Checkers stores nationwide, between 19 August - 9 September 2016.
Shoprite is bringing its promise of everyday low prices to customers in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, on Thursday, 30 June 2016, when it opens its doors at the newly built Thembokwezi Centre.
This Friday the 13th you will experience no bad luck when visiting your local Checkers Hyper store - with one-day only specials that will see price cuts of up to 50% on a wide range of baby products.