Smoked Snoek Fishcakes
Checkers - May 6th, 15:30
This is a great dish for you to prepare as either a starter, main, or even a party platter.
300 g smoked snoek; flaked
Olive oil; for frying
1 onion; finely chopped
2 cloves garlic; crushed
2 tsp. (10 ml) smoked paprika
2 large potatoes; peeled, cooked and mashed
Handful fresh parsley; roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Flour; for dusting
Vegetable oil; for frying
Tartar sauce; for serving (optional)
Green salad; for serving (optional)
1. Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry onions, garlic, and smoked paprika until onions have softened.
2. Place the fried onions in a bowl and flake in the snoek (being careful to remove any bones that may be lurking).
3. Mix in the mashed potato, egg and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Shape into patties, just larger than the size of a golf ball, and dust lightly in flour.
5. Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry fishcakes for about 2 min. on each side or until golden brown.
6.. Serve immediately with a fresh garden salad, tartar sauce, and lemon wedges.
Click here for more Checkers Recipes
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
The simple sandwich - it’s more than just two slices of bread, it’s the memory of the person who made it for you, the moment you shared and the traditions that are passed on from generation to generation.
Try these recipes
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.
A warm winter pud.
We didn’t think you could improve a chocolate brownie – ‘til we added more chocolate and a hit of Foreign Ground coffee.
Meat-free curries are just as supreme!