Smoked Snoek Fishcakes
Checkers - May 6th, 15:30
This is a great dish for you to prepare as either a starter, main, or even a party platter.
300 g smoked snoek; flaked
Olive oil; for frying
1 onion; finely chopped
2 cloves garlic; crushed
2 tsp. (10 ml) smoked paprika
2 large potatoes; peeled, cooked and mashed
Handful fresh parsley; roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Flour; for dusting
Vegetable oil; for frying
Tartar sauce; for serving (optional)
Green salad; for serving (optional)
1. Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry onions, garlic, and smoked paprika until onions have softened.
2. Place the fried onions in a bowl and flake in the snoek (being careful to remove any bones that may be lurking).
3. Mix in the mashed potato, egg and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Shape into patties, just larger than the size of a golf ball, and dust lightly in flour.
5. Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry fishcakes for about 2 min. on each side or until golden brown.
6.. Serve immediately with a fresh garden salad, tartar sauce, and lemon wedges.
Click here for more Checkers Recipes
KWV is proud to announce that its Cathedral Cellar Shiraz 2016 has been rated as one of the Cape Winelands’ top 12 wines in this category, according to the 7th annual Shiraz SA Challenge. This is the 3rd year that this premium wine has been included as one of SA’s Top 12 Shiraz’s, a performance which KWV says indicates their unwavering commitment to make wines that consistently deliver on quality.
Mentholatum SA, a health & wellness company and the makers of Deep Heat, relaunches the only Ibuprofen gel on the South African Market – Deep Relief Ibuprofen Gel.
Johannesburg’s brightest young tech geniuses gathered at the Tshimologong Precinct recently to share their ideas and their creations at the Red Bull Basement Hatch event.
KWV has been making huge strides in the South African – and global – wine industry since it was founded in 1918. This year, this 101-year old wine brand is ensuring its innovative drive is catapulting it into the future with major achievements in the past two months.
Try these recipes
A warm Winter pud.
Gluten-free and ever-so-indulgent, butternut is the new spaghetti.
A SA favourite brought here by the Dutch, the recipe was then adapted by the Cape Malays who added more spice.
Why not enjoy the flavours of a drink AND a dessert in one decadent, delicious cocktail? It’s easy with this LiquorShop recipe!