Soy & Sesame Picanha with Broccoli
Checkers - Jun 6th, 09:06
Banters at your braai? This Steakhouse Classic picanha with broccoli and Asian dressing is a definite winner.
½ (125 ml) cup soy sauce
3 tbsp. (45 ml) rice vinegar
2 tbsp. (30 ml) sesame oil
2 tbsp. (30 ml) sesame seeds; toasted
3 garlic cloves; peeled and crushed
2 tbsp. (30 ml) ginger; peeled and grated
1 chilli; finely chopped
1 Steakhouse Classic picanha roast (approx. 1,2 kg)
3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil
Salt and black pepper
1 head broccoli; sliced
Lemon wedges; to serve
Coriander; to garnish
1. To make the Asian dressing, stir soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, and chilli together in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for a few minutes, then set aside.
2. Place the roast in a large dish and rub with the olive oil, salt and a ⅓ cup of the Asian dressing.
3. Allow to marinate for 2 hrs or overnight.
4. Make sure your coals are medium-hot, so the picanha sears without burning. Alternately, preheat oven to 200 °C.
5. Place the rump on the grid and sear for 8–10 min. on all sides, or sear on the stovetop.
6. Allow the meat to continue cooking for approximately 20–30 min. on the braai or in the oven for medium rare, or longer if you prefer your meat well done.
7. Remove the meat from the braai or oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 20 min. before carving.
8. Toss the sliced broccoli with a little Asian dressing and place over the hot coals until charred and cooked through.
9. Serve carved picanha with charred broccoli, lemon wedges, and extra Asian dressing.
Nutritional information per 100g serving
Energy (kJ): 679,0
Calories (kcal): 161,7
Protein (g): 12,9
Total fat (g): 11,7
Saturated Fat (g): 3,4
Monounsaturated Fat (g): 5,1
Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1,3
Carbohydrate (g): 1,6
of which are sugars (g): 1,0
Fibre (g): 1,1
Sodium (mg): 472,0Click here for more Checkers recipes
As South Africa celebrates Women’s Month this August, Bavaria magnifies and highlights the vital role that women play in society: the mothers who raised us, and the daughters who continue to bind families together. Women are a source of power and a symbol of progress. Indeed, they are the very fabric that weaves our great nation together.
The 3rd annual Soweto Kota Festival will take place on 7 and 8 September 2019, and SASKO, the experts in milling and baking, is proud to announce it has renewed its sponsorship for a third year.
Blowing the nose frequently, because of allergies, colds or flu, can leave the delicate skin around the nose and lips chapped, red and sore. Letibalm, formulated specifically to protect and care for the lips, nose and the skin in-between, now has an improved formula and there’s a new addition to the family – new Letibalm Junior Nose and Lips Repair Fluid.
KWV Brandy is proud to announce that it cinched another award in a major spirits competition.
Try these recipes
A shot of espresso enhances the chocolate flavour.
Panna Cotta is usually prepared as a dessert, but this recipe foregrounds the savoury, delicate flavours of asparagus and lightly smoked trout which pairs wonderfully with Cathedral Cellar Sauvignon Blanc. Recipe provided courtesy of Cathedral Cellar wines. (Serves 4).
A rich, savoury showstopper, perfect with a glass of wine, or as a light meal with well-dressed greens and succulent lamb chops.
A simple curry with the benefit of very little fat and fibre-rich chickpeas!