Checkers - Jul 11th, 10:14
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.
For these wraps you’ll need:
1 bunch kale or spinach leaves
Cranberry and Parmesan salad
1 pkt. Italian seed sprinkle
1 pkt. peanut & seed sprinkles
1 pkt. julienne beetroot
1 pkt. julienne carrot
1 pkt. sliced red onions
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long thin strips of cucumber. Sliced into halves width ways.
2. Slice kale or spinach leaves into long strips and remove the woody stalk.
3. Arrange cucumber ribbons widthways along spinach leaves.
4. Toss prepared salads with salad dressing, julienne vegetables, and seed sprinkles.
5. Place a generous handful along the shortest length of cucumber covered spinach leaf.
6. Roll spinach leaf over the salad, like a burrito, to form a cylinder or cigar-like shape.
7. Slice along the remaining spinach and cucumber leaf and secure with a toothpick and serve.
Serves 6.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
The simple sandwich - it’s more than just two slices of bread, it’s the memory of the person who made it for you, the moment you shared and the traditions that are passed on from generation to generation.
Try these recipes
Sit back and relax after dinner with a delicious home-made dom pedro. This cheeky whisky cocktail is easy to make and a sweet adults-only treat.
Outrageously rich and delicious.
With hearty lentils and gourmet mushrooms, you won’t even miss the meat in this vegetarian take on an Italian classic.
A warm winter pud.