Checkers - Jul 11th, 10:14
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.
For these wraps you’ll need:
1 bunch kale or spinach leaves
Cranberry and Parmesan salad
1 pkt. Italian seed sprinkle
1 pkt. peanut & seed sprinkles
1 pkt. julienne beetroot
1 pkt. julienne carrot
1 pkt. sliced red onions
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long thin strips of cucumber. Sliced into halves width ways.
2. Slice kale or spinach leaves into long strips and remove the woody stalk.
3. Arrange cucumber ribbons widthways along spinach leaves.
4. Toss prepared salads with salad dressing, julienne vegetables, and seed sprinkles.
5. Place a generous handful along the shortest length of cucumber covered spinach leaf.
6. Roll spinach leaf over the salad, like a burrito, to form a cylinder or cigar-like shape.
7. Slice along the remaining spinach and cucumber leaf and secure with a toothpick and serve.
Serves 6.Click here for more Checkers recipes
In celebrating cool climate winemaking, Durbanville Hills has launched a Sparkling Rosé. The sophisticated and stylish sparkling wine is the second bubbly launched by this dynamic cellar which overlooks Table Mountain and Table Bay.
Twizza, a truly authentic South African soft-drinks brand, has launched two delicious, local limited-edition flavours: Baobab and Ginger Cola.
Keep cool this summer with Mzansi’s coolest candy brand. Halls is stepping up to make your days a breeze with their range of fruity flavours to keep you extra cool and refreshed all through the season.
Leveraging the growing popularity of women’s sport, Twizza, South Africa first proudly South Africa accredited soft brand, is focussing sponsorship activity and spend on Netball at school and national levels.
Try these recipes
Rusks are always a winner, especially when dipped in tea or coffee. While South Africans around the world yearn for the well-known South African boxed rusks, there’s something special about home-made rusks.
Cook the halloumi just before serving to prevent a rubbery texture.
It’s the perfect sweet treat to any meal. Serves: 4
Melt-in-your-mouth apples, crunchy crumble, and creamy mascarpone.