Thai Prawn Curry
Checkers - Jul 31st 2018, 14:42
Indulge your love of seafood with this Thai Prawn Curry – a creamy and spicy comfort food dream made using sweet and deliciously tender Patagonian prawns. Our superb selection of exotic prawns is sustainably sourced and brought to you every day at harbour prices.
1 bunch spring onions; chopped
1–2 tbsp. (15–30 ml) premade garlic and ginger paste
2–3 tbsp. (30–45 ml) red curry paste
1 can (400 g) coconut cream
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
5 ml cornflour; slaked in a little cold water
1 packet of sugar snap peas
1 packet of baby corn
300 g – 400 g prawns
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp. (30 ml) fish sauce
20 g coriander leaves
Red chilli; to serve
Toasted coconut flakes; to serve
• Add half of the spring onion, the garlic and ginger paste, red curry paste, coconut cream and chicken stock to a pot and bring to the boil, stirring until the pastes have dissolved.
• Add the cornflour liquid and stir through.
• Add the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
• Add the prawns and cook for another minute or two, until the shells have turned a vibrant orange colour.
• Season with fresh lime juice and fish sauce.
• Serve hot with steamed basmati rice, garnished with red chill, toasted coconut shavings and fresh coriander.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Blistex, America’s leading lip care range, has launched an ultra-conditioning Lip Serum innovation, bringing you closer to your best lips one drop at a time.
With more than 30+ years of experience within the packaging, labelling, marking and coding industry, TracePack is the authority in the FMCG, health and pharmaceutical, industrial, construction materials and chemicals industries. TracePack offers complete, cost-effective and customised turnkey solutions using a wide selection of quality equipment with the latest technology.
Nederburg has been included in the highly-anticipated top 50 list of ‘The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands’ by UK-based publication, Drinks International, for a fourth consecutive year in 2019.
Robertson Winery has added a Sparkling Brut Rosé to their popular range of sparkling wines.
Try these recipes
Delicious vanilla bean and white chocolate cream cheese truffles rolled in toasted coconut and served with a fresh strawberry couli.
Quinoa is a brilliant stuffing stand-in.
Oh-so-easy to make, they can be prepped in advance.
Revolutionise your wrap game with these rice paper salad wraps. Intriguing to the eye and the palate, these are a win-win, no matter the occasion.