Thai Prawn Curry
Checkers - Jul 31st, 14:42
Indulge your love of seafood with this Thai Prawn Curry – a creamy and spicy comfort food dream made using sweet and deliciously tender Patagonian prawns. Our superb selection of exotic prawns is sustainably sourced and brought to you every day at harbour prices.
1 bunch spring onions; chopped
1–2 tbsp. (15–30 ml) premade garlic and ginger paste
2–3 tbsp. (30–45 ml) red curry paste
1 can (400 g) coconut cream
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
5 ml cornflour; slaked in a little cold water
1 packet of sugar snap peas
1 packet of baby corn
300 g – 400 g prawns
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp. (30 ml) fish sauce
20 g coriander leaves
Red chilli; to serve
Toasted coconut flakes; to serve
• Add half of the spring onion, the garlic and ginger paste, red curry paste, coconut cream and chicken stock to a pot and bring to the boil, stirring until the pastes have dissolved.
• Add the cornflour liquid and stir through.
• Add the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
• Add the prawns and cook for another minute or two, until the shells have turned a vibrant orange colour.
• Season with fresh lime juice and fish sauce.
• Serve hot with steamed basmati rice, garnished with red chill, toasted coconut shavings and fresh coriander.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Hansa Golden Crisp, a bespoke beer designed for unisex appeal, has been launched by The South African Breweries.
Transform traditional trifle into a red velvet Christmas confection by adding vanilla cream cheese filling and seasonal berries.
New Fitch & Leedes Spicy Ginger Beer, the intrepid mixer with a sense of adventure from Chill Beverages International (Pty) Ltd, is taking the enjoyment of fine spirits to the next level.
Try these recipes
Bursting with flavour and colour.
A party starter or sundowner.
Bake up a batch of delicious biscuits and then have loads of fun making edible Christmas trees for the festive season. These make for great gifts or table pieces.
Keeps your breath minty fresh.