Thai Prawn Curry
Checkers - Jul 31st, 14:42
Indulge your love of seafood with this Thai Prawn Curry – a creamy and spicy comfort food dream made using sweet and deliciously tender Patagonian prawns. Our superb selection of exotic prawns is sustainably sourced and brought to you every day at harbour prices.
1 bunch spring onions; chopped
1–2 tbsp. (15–30 ml) premade garlic and ginger paste
2–3 tbsp. (30–45 ml) red curry paste
1 can (400 g) coconut cream
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
5 ml cornflour; slaked in a little cold water
1 packet of sugar snap peas
1 packet of baby corn
300 g – 400 g prawns
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp. (30 ml) fish sauce
20 g coriander leaves
Red chilli; to serve
Toasted coconut flakes; to serve
• Add half of the spring onion, the garlic and ginger paste, red curry paste, coconut cream and chicken stock to a pot and bring to the boil, stirring until the pastes have dissolved.
• Add the cornflour liquid and stir through.
• Add the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
• Add the prawns and cook for another minute or two, until the shells have turned a vibrant orange colour.
• Season with fresh lime juice and fish sauce.
• Serve hot with steamed basmati rice, garnished with red chill, toasted coconut shavings and fresh coriander.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
This year marks the 55th anniversary of Reitech SA, a customer-focused solutions provider of machines and systems engineering primarily for the FMCG and pharmaceutical markets. While Reitech SA is fully focused on continuing to evolve as a strong market competitor, it’s worth a glimpse back in time to see where it all began.
Oreo, everyone's favourite cookie, is calling on South Africans to ‘Twist, Lick, Dunk’ and SHARE an Oreo with other Oreo People.
Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have created a material derived from crab shells and tree fibres which they believe has the potential to replace the flexible plastic packaging used to keep food fresh.
Pizza lovers are in for a welcome surprise thanks to the brand new range of Bella Vita gourmet pizzas available exclusively at Checkers and Checkers Hyper stores nationwide.
Try these recipes
A calorie-conscious treat!
Top with sliced avocado to add some creaminess.
This delicious pudding is your nightcap and dessert in one.
Hot and spicy, yet cool and refreshing, this Whisky Hot & Sour LiquorShop recipe is the perfect cocktail for almost any season.