Thai Prawn Curry
Checkers - Jul 31st, 14:42
Indulge your love of seafood with this Thai Prawn Curry – a creamy and spicy comfort food dream made using sweet and deliciously tender Patagonian prawns. Our superb selection of exotic prawns is sustainably sourced and brought to you every day at harbour prices.
1 bunch spring onions; chopped
1–2 tbsp. (15–30 ml) premade garlic and ginger paste
2–3 tbsp. (30–45 ml) red curry paste
1 can (400 g) coconut cream
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
5 ml cornflour; slaked in a little cold water
1 packet of sugar snap peas
1 packet of baby corn
300 g – 400 g prawns
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp. (30 ml) fish sauce
20 g coriander leaves
Red chilli; to serve
Toasted coconut flakes; to serve
• Add half of the spring onion, the garlic and ginger paste, red curry paste, coconut cream and chicken stock to a pot and bring to the boil, stirring until the pastes have dissolved.
• Add the cornflour liquid and stir through.
• Add the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
• Add the prawns and cook for another minute or two, until the shells have turned a vibrant orange colour.
• Season with fresh lime juice and fish sauce.
• Serve hot with steamed basmati rice, garnished with red chill, toasted coconut shavings and fresh coriander.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Iconic South African wine and spirits company, KWV, returned to the country’s prestigious Veritas Wine Awards with a shining performance, securing no less than 8 Double Gold and 12 Gold medals overall for its wines and spirits – making it one of the top-performing company’s on the evening.
Scottish Leader, one of South Africa’s favourite whisky brands, has released a limited-edition gift pack in collaboration with the popular I See A Different You creative duo, Innocent Mukheli and Vuyo Mpantsha.
The Sunday Times Lifestyle Gin Awards in partnership with Makro and Fitch & Leedes is proud to celebrate the creators and retailers of locally and internationally crafted gins and variants, with the top 4 local, and top 4 international finalists having been announced. Blind-tasting opportunities around the country will allowing South Africans to taste and vote for their favourites.
Try these recipes
Swap mint cream for your favourite ice cream.
This is the big and beautiful brownie cookie of your dreams!
A summery dish, perfect for serving at a party.
A decadent way to end a dinner party.