Value-adding and compliant labelling solutions for the agrochemical industry
Issued by Pyrotec - Nov 23rd 2017, 10:35
In the interests of keeping customers and the environment safe – and, of course, to comply with the stringent legislation governing packaging and labelling in this industry – agrochemical companies have to ensure that they communicate a large volume of product information on pack, in the correct way.
This typically includes handling, dosage, usage, storage, disposal, and first-aid instructions, as well as information about potential hazards. Often, these details must be translated into multiple languages.
Furthermore, all this information has to be presented clearly and legibly, in a way that stays with the product throughout its lifetime – until final safe disposal.
All this required information could become very cumbersome, but fortunately, Pyrotec PackMedia offers a solution – Fix-a-Form® Booklet Labels.
These convenient extended text labels allow manufacturers to:
• Publish instructional information in various formats, whether pictograms, diagrams charts or simple text, to ensure legal requirements are met and the end-user is fully informed about the product and its usage.
• Laminate Fix-a-Form® Booklet Labels so that any spills can be wiped down without smudging the all-important information.
• Safeguard the integrity of a specific product by being able to track and trace through the supply chain, incorporating coding or serialisation.
• Deter counterfeiting by using unique printing techniques or holograms in their labelling to ensure authenticity of their product.
• Enjoy environmentally conscious, long-term return on their investment because sustainable packaging solutions minimise cost.
Pyrotec PackMedia’s Fix-a-Form booklet labels not only offer the agrochemical industry significantly more space for legally required information, but they offer excellent legibility as well as a simplified and neat aesthetic to the overall packaging.
Moreover, they offer easy application using standard labelling equipment, which results in uninterrupted production lines – so important in this competitive arena.
Click here for more information on Pyrotec
Coding and marking is the method of printing essential product and traceability information onto packaging, labels and other manufactured goods and materials. These include barcodes, serialisation codes, and expiry or ‘best by’ dates.
The word ‘disruption’ is a noun, used to describe a disturbance or problem that interrupts an event. So, when we talk about disruptive innovation or disruptive technology, these phrases may evoke thoughts of chaos. However, when done right, disruptive technology can break the confines of old-school thinking.
As technological innovation increases so too do customers’ demands. With so much choice on offer, consumers not only know what a great customer experience is, but they also know when a company makes them feel special and where they’d prefer to spend their money. Building lasting relationships with consumers and earning their loyalty is, therefore, a primary focus for brand owners.
According to Vaughan Croeser, brand director for Castle Lager Africa, ‘the main barrier keeping people away from each other is the pervasiveness of labels and stereotypes, and the misconceptions we carry about other people’. To help fix this divide, Castle Lager Africa launched its thought-provoking and well-received #smashthelabel campaign.