Value-adding and compliant labelling solutions for the agrochemical industry
Issued by Pyrotec - Nov 23rd 2017, 10:35
In the interests of keeping customers and the environment safe – and, of course, to comply with the stringent legislation governing packaging and labelling in this industry – agrochemical companies have to ensure that they communicate a large volume of product information on pack, in the correct way.
This typically includes handling, dosage, usage, storage, disposal, and first-aid instructions, as well as information about potential hazards. Often, these details must be translated into multiple languages.
Furthermore, all this information has to be presented clearly and legibly, in a way that stays with the product throughout its lifetime – until final safe disposal.
All this required information could become very cumbersome, but fortunately, Pyrotec PackMedia offers a solution – Fix-a-Form® Booklet Labels.
These convenient extended text labels allow manufacturers to:
• Publish instructional information in various formats, whether pictograms, diagrams charts or simple text, to ensure legal requirements are met and the end-user is fully informed about the product and its usage.
• Laminate Fix-a-Form® Booklet Labels so that any spills can be wiped down without smudging the all-important information.
• Safeguard the integrity of a specific product by being able to track and trace through the supply chain, incorporating coding or serialisation.
• Deter counterfeiting by using unique printing techniques or holograms in their labelling to ensure authenticity of their product.
• Enjoy environmentally conscious, long-term return on their investment because sustainable packaging solutions minimise cost.
Pyrotec PackMedia’s Fix-a-Form booklet labels not only offer the agrochemical industry significantly more space for legally required information, but they offer excellent legibility as well as a simplified and neat aesthetic to the overall packaging.
Moreover, they offer easy application using standard labelling equipment, which results in uninterrupted production lines – so important in this competitive arena.
Click here for more information on Pyrotec
The expansion of Markem-Imaje’s ‘Mark & Read’ camera and software system lets manufacturers tailor the level of code verification that best suits their application needs and budgets. As products go down production lines, users can now choose to simply check the code’s presence on packs or also include readability and data accuracy.
Baxter Foods wanted to use a number of different languages for the ingredients and nutritional information on its range of Jack Daniel’s barbeque sauces.
CimPak pallet labelling systems from Markem-Imaje are available in South Africa from Pyrotec PackMark.
We’re beginning to see a lot more development in the packaging sector when it comes to intelligent, smart or connected packaging.