Value-adding and compliant labelling solutions for the agrochemical industry
Issued by Pyrotec - Nov 23rd 2017, 10:35
In the interests of keeping customers and the environment safe – and, of course, to comply with the stringent legislation governing packaging and labelling in this industry – agrochemical companies have to ensure that they communicate a large volume of product information on pack, in the correct way.
This typically includes handling, dosage, usage, storage, disposal, and first-aid instructions, as well as information about potential hazards. Often, these details must be translated into multiple languages.
Furthermore, all this information has to be presented clearly and legibly, in a way that stays with the product throughout its lifetime – until final safe disposal.
All this required information could become very cumbersome, but fortunately, Pyrotec PackMedia offers a solution – Fix-a-Form® Booklet Labels.
These convenient extended text labels allow manufacturers to:
• Publish instructional information in various formats, whether pictograms, diagrams charts or simple text, to ensure legal requirements are met and the end-user is fully informed about the product and its usage.
• Laminate Fix-a-Form® Booklet Labels so that any spills can be wiped down without smudging the all-important information.
• Safeguard the integrity of a specific product by being able to track and trace through the supply chain, incorporating coding or serialisation.
• Deter counterfeiting by using unique printing techniques or holograms in their labelling to ensure authenticity of their product.
• Enjoy environmentally conscious, long-term return on their investment because sustainable packaging solutions minimise cost.
Pyrotec PackMedia’s Fix-a-Form booklet labels not only offer the agrochemical industry significantly more space for legally required information, but they offer excellent legibility as well as a simplified and neat aesthetic to the overall packaging.
Moreover, they offer easy application using standard labelling equipment, which results in uninterrupted production lines – so important in this competitive arena.
Click here for more information on Pyrotec
Track and trace technology ensures that brand owners can track their products throughout the supply chain and, among other things, protect their shipments against counterfeiting. To do this, product coding and marking is essential for providing traceability information that is displayed on the packaging.
At the leading-edge in products and processes, Noberasco has chosen Markem-Imaje as its printing partner. SmartDate X60 printers are operating on the lines of the new site of Carcare, ensuring quality and reliability. Strong points include the benefits of SMILE long-term leasing and Markem-Imaje’s solution-provider approach.
According to Denny Bros Ltd, the inventor of the Fix-a-Form® booklet labels, the UK government turned to informational labelling to help tackle the growing levels of obesity among Britons. Many products now have traffic-light labels on the front of their packaging, showing the levels of ingredients, such as salt and fat, in the product. However, some have suggested that these red, amber and green designs don’t work.
Unlike the seasonal fashion designs for clothing, packaging design trends seem to stick around for some time. However, as we rapidly approach the end of 2018, there are some that are no longer finding traction on retail shelves.