Vital Health Foods launches premium range as wellness industry booms
99c - Jul 10th, 11:10
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
The days of depressing no-fat diets and aerobic DVDs are over: with access to information just a keyboard click away, people all over the world are taking a better-informed and far more holistic approach to their health. The result is a wellness boom we haven’t seen since the Lycra-loving ‘80s; from 2015 to 2017 the global wellness economy grew by an unprecedented 12,8 % reports the Global Wellness Monitor – almost twice as fast as global economic growth – and is anticipated to keep rising.
“We’ve seen South Africans take a far more proactive approach to their health of late, viewing supplements as an ‘insurance policy’ that may – in conjunction with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle – assist in safeguarding them against the compounding long-term effects of nutrient micro-deficiencies which lead to compromised health", says Vanessa Sew Chung Hong, Group Marketing Executive at Vital Health Foods,
“All the products are based on herbal ingredients; another key consumer trend globally and locally.”
The Vital Health Science range currently consists of five products:
• Vital Health Science Echinacea Purpurea is a western herbal medicine containing 900 mg Echinacea purpurea root powder, traditionally used to relieve the symptoms and shorten the duration of upper respiratory tract infections. Vital Health Science Echinacea Purpurea also contains Zinc in chelated form which contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.
• Vital Health Science Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000 mg is extracted from a specially cultivated ‘Rigel’ plant which contains up to 33 % more GLA than any other oil. The high level of this omega-6 fatty acid helps to maintain skin’s natural elasticity and skin barrier function. It also contains vitamin E which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
• Vital Health Science Memory & Concentration contains high-strength fish oil rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. With added vitamin B12 and Ginkgo leaf extract, it improves blood circulation to the brain which supports concentration and healthy brain function.
• Vital Health Science Milk Thistle contains 255 mg Milk Thistle fruit extract providing 140 mg Silymarin per tablet. Silymarin has liver-protecting properties that assist in detoxifying the liver and maintaining healthy liver function.
• Vital Health Science Garcinia Cambogia contains a high-strength Garcinia cambogia fruit extract which helps to reduce the accumulation of fats in cells and assists with appetite control. Vital Health Science Garcinia Cambogia supports weight management, as part of an energy-controlled, balanced diet and active lifestyle.
Developed in line with the latest consumer trends, each Vital Health Science product has been expertly formulated by a highly-qualified research and development team to provide consumers with the optimal dose of herbs and nutrients to support their unique needs. The range is fully compliant with the latest legal requirements for complementary medicine in South Africa and is manufactured in a GMP certified facility.
“With more than 70 years’ experience, Vital is proud to be South Africa’s number 1 vitamin brand (IRI Aztec 2018). While our core range remains a firm favourite in South African homes, we are excited to offer a new range that caters to those who place the highest premium on their health,” explains Sew Chung Hong.
The Vital Health Science range will be available at all major pharmacies, as well as from selected independent pharmacies and healthcare providers. Recommended Retail Price: R199.00
The 3rd annual Soweto Kota Festival took place on 7 and 8 September 2019, and SASKO, the experts in milling and baking, was there as the headline sponsor again.
In celebrating cool climate winemaking, Durbanville Hills has launched a Sparkling Rosé. The sophisticated and stylish sparkling wine is the second bubbly launched by this dynamic cellar which overlooks Table Mountain and Table Bay.
Twizza, a truly authentic South African soft-drinks brand, has launched two delicious, local limited-edition flavours: Baobab and Ginger Cola.
Keep cool this summer with Mzansi’s coolest candy brand. Halls is stepping up to make your days a breeze with their range of fruity flavours to keep you extra cool and refreshed all through the season.
Try these recipes
With 124 years of South African heritage, SAB has played an integral role in the social fabric of the country – and there’s not much more social than a braai on Heritage Day.
Rusks are always a winner, especially when dipped in tea or coffee. While South Africans around the world yearn for the well-known South African boxed rusks, there’s something special about home-made rusks.
Cook the halloumi just before serving to prevent a rubbery texture.
It’s the perfect sweet treat to any meal. Serves: 4