National Warehouse Manager
Dec 13th 2018, 08:36
As the National Warehouse Manager for a prominent FMCG Food & Beverage manufacturer, you will be based in Cape Town with responsibility for multiple warehouses situated throughout South Africa and key focus on:-
• operational performance, budgets, cost management and results
• development and implementation of strategic operational initiatives
• identification and execution of continuous improvement projects
• management of cohesive, energetic and motivated decentralised warehouse teams
From a people perspective, you will need to establish and maintain a cohesive warehouse culture of excellence, as well as manage the effectiveness of the Warehouse Management System and instilling awareness of system levers that create efficiency gain and storage optimisation opportunities.
Warehouse optimisation (people, process, system and infrastructure)
• Evaluate information regarding throughput volume, warehouse activities, capacity, storage equipment options, picking requirements and time constraints to be used in key decision making.
• Continuously optimise and refine the warehouse flows within the current structural constraints based on the information gathered.
• Critically evaluate warehouse picking process and methodology based on warehouse information and speed versus accuracy requirements.
• Analyze future expansion opportunities based on the company’s strategic growth agenda ensuring the facilitation of strategic input for decision making.
• Constantly evaluate warehouse capability and drive continuous improvement initiatives in line with strategic intent.
• Manage warehouse improvement projects
• Determine and manage project timelines
• Determine project deliverables and track accordingly
• Manage project through full cycle of initiation, planning, execution and closure
• Provide analytical assistance as required on an ad-hoc basis to the business nationally.
• Support the review of data emanating from the supply chain and perform integrated analysis to identify cross-functional cause and effect.
• Create models to facilitate operating strategy notifications, decision-making and making recommendations to improve business results.
• For area of responsibility, ensure data is accurately and regularly recorded onto the information system to facilitate access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision making.
• Share with and report relevant data and information to senior management teams to enable reliable business decision-making.
To be considered, you will need to be equipped with:-
• a B.Comm (Supply Chain Management) or Industrial Engineering Degree
• strong business/financial orientation
• at least 10 years’ experience in supply chain warehousing in a Food Safety & HACCP environment
• a track record in optimal warehouse design, warehouse optimisation and flow improvement focusing on storage capability and innovative ways to optimise warehouse infrastructure with continuous performance excellence achievement
Preference will be given in line with our client’s Employment Equity requirements.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday, 11th January 2019.
Our office will be closed from 21 December 2018 and reopen on 14 January 2019. Email enquiries can be addressed to Monalisa.
Click here for more information on Nicolene Di Bartolo Recruitment Services