Research & Investment Analyst
Apr 16th, 13:49
Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Invenfin is a venture capital company that invests in businesses with strong IP, has traction in its local market and has the potential to scale globally. The Research & Investment Analyst provides insightful, key intelligence that enhances Invenfin’s investment processes, leads to high quality investment decisions and helps grow investee companies’ prospects.
Reporting to the Investments & Projects Manager, you will be required to develop a structured approach to research & intelligence within Invenfin and InvenfinFoods; to provide detailed, intelligent, accurate and relevant information on prospective investment opportunities to Invenfin’s Board and investment team; to support investee companies with strategic research and insights that help grow their businesses; to participate in due diligence and other deal processes in order to successfully conclude new investments.
The Research & Investment Analyst maintains effective working relationships and collaborates with other company and group staff, liaising with external stakeholders such as proposal applicants, investee companies and research information suppliers in the execution of his or her work.
• Research & Intelligence
• Investment Analysis
• Business Development
• Extensive and structured database of resources and information and a process-driven system whereby recommendations are made on research conducted.
• Robust, insightful analyses and recommendations of investment opportunities that aid high-quality investment decisions.
• Strategic intelligence and insights of key concepts, industry developments and trends that enhance Invenfin’s understanding and can be communicated to key stakeholders.
• Relevant, strategic research as required by investee businesses.
• Increased and better quality investment opportunities.
• Strong relationships in the market and continuous improvement in the image and reputation of Invenfin.
• Thorough, effective due diligence and other deal processes which successfully support new investments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A university degree in a relevant field (Business / Finance, Science, or Engineering).
• An MBA or postgraduate business degree would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a research capacity.
• Ideally, this experience should be in a market research, private equity, investment banking or consulting environment.
• Experience working in a start-up in emerging markets would be advantageous.
You must be available to work some evenings and weekends and be free to travel as you will attend external networking events, meetings, workshops and conferences from time-to-time and which may occur after-hours.
Nicolene Di Bartolo Management Appointments have been retained to manage this assignment and will engage directly with all applicants on behalf of Invenfin in this regard.
If you have excellent general knowledge and you have a proven desire to expand this knowledge in the foods sector more specifically, then please apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV at www.nicolenedibartolo.co.za by not later than 20th April 2018.
Invenfin is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in their company. Enquiries: 021 466 8900