Oracle launches new retail cloud services - USA
ChainStoreAge.com - Apr 9th 2015, 09:48
California – Oracle is releasing six new Oracle Retail cloud services that provide retailers with rapid access to enterprise-grade applications for managing critical e-commerce, customer engagement, order management, order fulfilment, loss prevention, and brand compliance operations.
The new cloud services stem from the Micros Retail solutions acquired by Oracle in 2014, and they are part of a growing portfolio of retail solutions hosted by Oracle and available by subscription.
The cloud services included in the latest update to the Oracle Retail portfolio are Oracle Retail Brand Compliance Management Cloud Service, Oracle Retail Customer Engagement Cloud Service, Oracle Retail Open Commerce Platform Cloud Service, Oracle Retail Order Broker Cloud Service, Oracle Retail Order Management System Cloud Service, and Oracle XBRi Cloud Service.
Here are the details on each new service:
• Oracle Retail Brand Compliance Management Cloud Service streamlines and automates many private-label merchandising operations. Retailers can use the solution to plan, track, and manage merchandising activities, drop shipping, and supplier relationships.
• Oracle Retail Customer Engagement Cloud Service provides a segmented view of customers, gift registry capabilities, and loyalty program and campaign management tools.
• Oracle Retail Open Commerce Platform Cloud Service provides an all-in-one e-commerce solution that includes features such as search engine optimisation, site search, and personalisation capabilities required to build e-commerce traffic, increase conversion rates, and reduce costs. The service also enables sales and marketing staff to build and modify pages, launch or fine-tune promotions, and create user communities around shared interests.
• Oracle Retail Order Broker Cloud Service provides businesses with real-time visibility of available inventory across all retail channels and distribution centres from any point of service. Store associates and call centre representatives can use the application to find items in other stores, e-commerce, or warehouse locations.
• Oracle Retail Order Management System Cloud Service provides online shoppers and call centre agents with real-time visibility into ordering and fulfilment. The solution integrates with other retail operations and business analytics to help retailers increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and accelerate order delivery by streamlining processes and adjusting inventory distribution.
• Oracle XBRi Cloud Service equips retailers to detect, investigate, and reduce losses from fraud and noncompliance. Loss prevention investigators can use the service to isolate suspicious activity down to a location or register, or an individual, and the business intelligence solution correlates transaction data with other loss prevention methods.From ChainStoreAge.com
Petco opens new DC to keep pace with expansion - USA
12/05/2016 - 14:45
Petco is expanding its store portfolio and distribution center network.
Teen apparel retailer files for bankruptcy - USA
08/04/2016 - 09:16
In a not unexpected move, beleaguered teen apparel retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy court protection.
Westfield sells five malls in billion dollar deal - USA
22/12/2015 - 09:43
Westfield Corp. announced Monday it has sold five of its U.S. shopping malls — totalling more than 6 million sq. feet of retail space across four states — to help fund a property development program.
Did back-to-school buying end summer slump? - USA
08/09/2015 - 07:48
California - The back-to-school season traditionally gives retailers a much-needed boost, bringing traffic into stores in August. How did things turn out this year?
Cash is still king with U.S. shoppers - USA
29/07/2015 - 12:48
California - A new survey details what methods Americans are using to pay for goods and services — and which ones are gaining steam.