Advertise with fastmoving.co.za
 
 

Distell has agreed to acquire a 75% shareholding with Blue Sky Brand Company Proprietary Limited (“BSBC”) holding the remaining 25% shareholding. BSBC will be integrally involved in the Cruz Vodka brand going forward.
Distell has agreed to acquire a 75% shareholding with Blue Sky Brand Company Proprietary Limited (“BSBC”) holding the remaining 25% shareholding. BSBC will be integrally involved in the Cruz Vodka brand going forward.

Distell adds top premium brand, Cruz Vodka to its portfolio

LIQUOR NEWS

Issued by FTI Consulting on behalf of Distell - Apr 25th 2017, 09:13

Distell, Africa’s leading producer of wines, spirits, ciders and ready-to-drinks (RTDs) today announced the formation of a partnership that owns the rights to the Cruz Vodka brand and business worldwide. Distell has agreed to acquire a 75% shareholding with Blue Sky Brand Company Proprietary Limited (“BSBC”) holding the remaining 25% shareholding. BSBC will be integrally involved in the Cruz Vodka brand going forward. 

This means Cruz Vodka, a luxury imported vodka made from hand-selected American wheat, will be now be distributed on Distell’s platform in South Africa and the rest of Africa.

Through Cruz Vodka joining Distell’s portfolio of iconic brands, the company will strengthen its position in the premium vodka category. Premium vodka is one of the fastest growing spirits categories in South Africa and Cruz Vodka will significantly enhance Distell’s premium vodka offering.

“We are excited to offer another high-quality luxury product to consumers who have come to trust Distell for its exceptional products. We are certain that Cruz Vodka will continue to delight consumers,” said Wim Bührmann, Managing Director, Distell Southern Africa

“Cruz Vodka provides us with a leading brand in one of the fastest growing spirits categories with strong future growth potential,” he added.

David de Mardt, Managing Director BSBC, commented, “The decision to partner with Distell was logical as combining Cruz Vodka’s powerful brand equity with Distell’s strong distribution capabilities in South Africa creates an unbeatable proposition. I firmly believe that the partnership has all the potential to make Cruz Vodka the biggest premium vodka in South Africa”.

Cruz Vodka is available in Vintage Black and four flavoured varietals.

Cruz Vintage Black vodka has won numerous gold medals at leading international competitions such as London Vodka Masters, Consumer Choice Awards USA, SIP Awards USA and Fifty Best Vodka’s New York.


 

Read more about: liquor news | blue sky brand | distell

Related News

Distell waits for tribunal ruling
16/09/2019 - 10:03
Local alcoholic beverages company, Distell Limited, will have to wait for the Competition Tribunal’s decision whether or not global beer brewer Anheuser-Busch (AB) InBev and SABMiller plc (SAB) have breached their merger conditions by striking exclusive deals with outlets.

Distell and AB Inbev square off in booze showdown
13/09/2019 - 10:28
Exclusive branding arrangements with liquor outlets and agreements with sports stadiums took centre stage at Competition Tribunal hearings on Thursday, into Distell's accusation that Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) is contravening the conditions of its 2016 merger with SABMiller.

Distell says rest of Africa offset lower volumes in SA
28/08/2019 - 09:23
Alcoholic drinks company Distell, whose brands include Nederburg wines and Klipdrift brandies, says its rest-of-Africa business made up for lower sales volumes in SA in the year to end-June.

Angola and Zimbabwe operations sap Distell earnings
07/08/2019 - 13:07
Beverages company Distell, whose brands include Nederburg wines and Three Ships Whisky, says earnings fell in the year to end-June as it took a hit on operations in Angola and Zimbabwe.

Strong growth for Aperol helps pep up Campari sales
01/08/2019 - 10:37
The popularity of orange aperitif Aperol and a jump in demand for tequila brand Espolon helped Campari to report better than expected sales growth in the second quarter, boosting shares in the Italian spirits group.