Advertise with fastmoving.co.za
 
 

Namibia: First stores open at Keetmans Mall
Namibia: First stores open at Keetmans Mall

Namibia: First stores open at Keetmans Mall

RETAILER NEWS

Namibian.com.na - Dec 2nd 2013, 09:49

Hundreds of shoppers flocked to the Keetmanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre last month after Crazy Stores became the first outlet to open its doors to the public with Fashion Express and Exact following suit.  

Crazy Store manager Seth Kooitjie said by mid-afternoon on Friday about 300 shoppers had visited the outlet on opening day.

“We are pleased with the business we have made on the first day,” said Kooitjie.

One of the shoppers, Gert Matroos,said that local residents now do not have to travel to Windhoek for shopping anymore. “We have been waiting for this opening for a long time.”

The N$92 million retail centre was due to be officially opened on 1 November, but the official opening was postponed because the construction work is behind schedule.

The mall boasts of a 10 000 square metres of letting space, of which 95% will be for retail and the remaining 5% for office.

Well-known retailers such as Foschini, Markhams, Shoprite, Legit, Edgars, Jet and Mr Price, as well as food outlets such as Hungry Lion and Spur, and rental office space will form part of the centre.










 

Related News

Food garden provides sustenance and jobs in rural community
18/10/2019 - 09:45
Community food gardens are often started to provide fresh vegetables to underprivileged people living in rural areas, but in many cases, these small-scale farms also offer employment in places where jobs are hard to come by.

Shoprite makes significant positive impact
10/10/2019 - 11:01
The Shoprite Group’s significant positive impact in the countries and communities in which it operates have seen it subsidise staple products to the value of R141 million, donate surplus food and goods to the value of R60.4 million and serve more than 20 million meals to communities in need in the 2019 financial year.

Shoprite works to prevent childhood stunting
08/10/2019 - 09:46
The Shoprite Group has announced investment in several specific interventions to prevent childhood stunting which leaves one in four South African children under the age of five with lifelong cognitive, educational and employment challenges.

From a rubbish dump to a thriving community garden
03/10/2019 - 15:55
Due to the care and dedication of a group of local women, what was once a rubbish dump behind Sediba-Thuto Primary School in Mapetla, Soweto has been transformed into a thriving vegetable garden the size of a soccer field.

Community champions help rural orphans
01/10/2019 - 09:14
In 2004, when Charmaine and Andre Krugel were asked by community members of the Huntington Trust in Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga, to help orphans and vulnerable children in the village, they couldn’t say no.