One million customers sign up for Checkers Xtra Savings in the first week
Checkers - Oct 21st, 13:25
Checkers signed up the millionth customer to its new Xtra Savings programme, just a week following its launch on Monday 14 October.
The Checkers Xtra Savings card is helping consumers to make huge savings in tough economic times and discounts are clearly marked in-store. Some of the incredible offers currently available include:
• 750ml Johnnie Walker Blue Label for R1 799.99 (save R1 000)
• 2kg OMO washing powder for R39.99
• 1.35kg Weet-Bix for R49.99 (save 30%)
• 400g Pot O’ Gold tomato & onion mix for R9.99
• 1kg Flora fat spread for R39.99
• 1kg Toscana macaroni or spaghetti for R14.99
• 800g Clover gouda or cheddar cheese for R69.99 (save R40)
Checkers introduced its Xtra Savings card to demonstrate its loyalty to customers. There are NO points. NO tiers. NO levels. Just instant cash savings on groceries and drinks.
With Xtra Savings customers get extra cash savings on more than 1,000 products every month just by swiping their card at the till. Discounts are clearly marked in-store, and savings automatically reflect on the till slip. Other benefits include:
● Cash savings on specially marked products every week
● Personalised offers on products you buy and love
● Birthday surprises and special perks
● VIP previews of upcoming offers and promotions such as Black Friday
● Automatic entries into store competitions and a chance to win free shopping every time you swipe
● Make every swipe count as Checkers will donate to beneficiary organisations that fight hunger
“The success of the Xtra Savings programme will be the in its simplicity,” explains Neil Schreuder, Chief of Strategy & Innovation for the Shoprite Group. “We offer a seamless sign-up process with instant savings on relevant products. Customers want transparent incentives and that's what we’re giving them.”
Customers can sign up quickly for Xtra Savings for free in-store or by using any of the following paperless channels:
● Add Checkers (+27-87-240-5385) as a WhatsApp contact and say “Hi!”
● Scan the QR code on the back of your Xtra Savings card (available in-store) and sign up online
● Dial *134*885*CARDNUMBER# and follow the prompts
● Download the Checkers app from your app store.
Visit any Checkers, Checkers Hyper or Checkers Liquorshop and pick up a card to start getting real rewards.
Checkers brings world-class retail to Constantia with new flagship store
27/11/2019 - 13:01
Checkers has opened the doors to its state-of-the-art 2 330 m² flagship supermarket at the Constantia Emporium as the retailer continues to take innovation to new heights.
Woolworths carves out market share in SA
27/11/2019 - 10:11
In Australia, David Jones's sales declined 2.1%, with the company saying a store refurbishment contributed to the decline.
Push and pull strategies work together to keep consumers coming back for more
26/11/2019 - 10:20
The retail sector is under increasing pressure as consumers have shrinking disposable income in a strained economy. Maintaining share of wallet is critical. Relying solely on a push route to market strategy from manufacturers into retailers is not enough to get consumers buying products. A pull strategy needs to coexist with the push to drive brand consumption. Integrating these strategies requires intelligent and insightful decision-making. This, in turn, requires data generated through smart technology which provides line of sight across the value chain from manufacturer to distribution, retailer to the consumer.
Exclusive leases must fall: Commission cracks whip on Shoprite, Pick n pay, Spar, Woolies
26/11/2019 - 09:57
The Competition Commission Inquiry into Grocery Retail, published on Monday, called for an end to the exclusive leases negotiated by national retail chains in all shopping malls across the country in a bid to open up access to markets for smaller players.
Today’s customers are loyal to speed and convenience, not brands
25/11/2019 - 11:15
Consumer expectations are rapidly shifting as technologies such as mobile, geolocation, social media and increasingly, Internet of Things devices and wearables, connect people to a world of easily accessible information and convenient services. With the ability to browse, compare and order with a few swipes and taps, consumers are becoming trained to value convenience and service above nearly anything else.