Pick n Pay shares sneak preview of #BlackFriday deals and tips on how to prepare for SA’s busiest shopping day
Issued by Corporate Image - Nov 19th 2018, 14:24
Pick n Pay has released a sneak preview of five deals that will be available to customers in-store nationwide this Black Friday.
“We wanted to give customers a sneak peek at some of the amazing Black Friday deals they can expect from our stores this year,” says John Bradshaw, head of marketing at Pick n Pay.
Here are some of the big discounts to whet customers’ appetites:
For electronics – a favourite category for many Black Friday shoppers
• Pick n Pay customers will save 50% off the Russell Hobbs Steam Iron Bundle (was R599,00, now R299,00)
• R1 000 off the AIM 50" Full HD Smart LED TV (previously R4 999, now R3 999).
In fresh and edible foods
• Customers will save 33% on Bulk Stewing beef – this will drop from R87,99 p/kg to R59,00 p/kg
• A 200g Nescafe Gold Assorted Jar will be R60,00 (down 44% from R106,99)
In the household category
• OMO Auto Washing Powder Flexi 3KG will cost just R49,99 (down 35% from R76,99)
“These are just five examples and some of the discounts we’ll be offering on the day will be even better. We still have a few surprises up our sleeves, but we wanted to give customers a preview of what to expect this coming Friday,” says Bradshaw. "Customers can expect deals of up to 50% across all categories in-store. This includes liquor, food, toiletries, household products and appliances.”
All Pick n Pay stores nationwide will open at 06.59am on Black Friday 23 November 2018, and their deals will run over a three-day period until 25 November 2018.
Pick n Pay’s online shop will launch its Black Friday deals at 00.01am on the 23 November 2018. These will also run for three days and the online shop will have selected online-only deals too. “For a convenient and a stress-free Black Friday shopping experience, we invite customers to shop online. For Black Friday weekend we have added additional delivery and Click n Collect slots to minimise any delays in customers receiving their Black Friday purchases.”
Bradshaw says that they have been preparing for weeks for their biggest Black Friday ever, and were really looking forward to welcoming customers in-store over the weekend. “We have worked hard to bring our customers the best deals and to ensure we have enough stock available for all customer looking for great deals.”
Pick n Pay’s top six shopping tips for 2018 Black Friday:
The shops are understandably extra busy on Black Friday, Bradshaw shares six tips to make it as stress-free as possible:
1. Make a list: Sign up for Black Friday alerts so that you get all the deals emailed to you directly (you can sign-up for Pick n Pay’s alerts at www.pnp.co.za). As there will be hundreds of deals available to customers these alerts can help you make a list of what you most want to buy this Black Friday.
2. Shop online: Many shops have an online offering too and are likely to run Black Friday deals on these platforms too. Research what deals will be online as you might find you won’t actually have to travel in-store to do your Black Friday shopping.
3. Start early: Many stores are likely to open early on Black Friday (all Pick n Pay stores will open at 06.59 and online from midnight) so be sure to get in-store (or online) early to avoid any disappointment.
4. Be prepared and have a plan at the shops: To make sure that you maximise your Black Friday shopping time in a particular shop do your research and plan your shop. Become familiar with the layout of your favourite store so you know where to find the items you most want to buy this Black Friday.
5. Phone a friend: Invite a friend to join you and share in the fun. That way you can share your list to make sure you each get your favourite Black Friday specials. Having a friend with you means you can also share combo details to maximise your savings.
6. Think ahead and bring your reusable bag: Please don’t forget to bring your own plastic or reusable shopping bag to avoid buying a plastic bag unnecessarily.
Shoprite Group helps waiter become an entrepreneur thanks to his unique product offering
18/03/2019 - 15:02
Phenyo Sebaeng (28) had to borrow money from two of his close friends in order to buy a bus ticket from Rustenburg to Cape Town, where he had secured a meeting with a buyer at the Shoprite Group's home office in January 2017.
520+ million Smart Shopper cash-off discounts to be issued for customers
18/03/2019 - 11:49
Pick n Pay’s Smart Shopper will give customers double personalised discounts to help them save even more in the next few weeks.
Three quarters in a row of sales growth for H&M
15/03/2019 - 14:26
Sweden’s H&M, the world’s second-biggest fashion retailer, posted local-currency sales growth for its fiscal first quarter that matched analysts’ forecasts, on Friday, while net sales were slightly higher than expected.
Libstar banks on new food products
14/03/2019 - 10:15
Consumer goods manufacturer and distributor Libstar, whose brands include Lancewood cheese and Denny Mushrooms, says it adjusted to the slowdown in consumer spending by launching hundreds of new food products.
‘Socially conscious’ manufacturer lands major contract with Shoprite
14/03/2019 - 09:53
Plastic manufacturing and recycling company, Verigreen, has been awarded a multi-million rand contract to supply 25 different products under the Shoprite Group’s Ritebrand and Housebrand labels.