Shoprite brings cost-free payroll and bulk payment transactions to business owners
Shoprite - Oct 2nd 2018, 11:17
Businesses can now send money to multiple receivers with Shoprite Money - the mobile transactional banking service which is available to everyone, even those without bank accounts.
A business of any size can pay staff salaries or make other multiple payments safely, conveniently, and for free, using the Shoprite Money wallet.
Shoprite Money is a mobile wallet which enables customers to deposit, withdraw or send money as well as buy groceries at any till point in all Shoprite, Checkers, Checkers Hyper and Usave stores.
Customers can also send money and buy electricity or airtime, provided they have funds in their Shoprite Money account.
Shoprite Money has attracted more than 100 000 registered account holders since launching in May 2018.
The strong uptake reflects customers’ trust in the retail group and the fact that Shoprite Money is accessible at all till points, effectively giving customers easy access to more than 20 000 ATMs.
Shoprite Money is assisting businesses with their payroll needs and giving employees easier access to their salaries. All transactions are free with the exception of a R9.95 fee that only applies to cash withdrawals. The Shoprite Group absorbs all other costs.
Businesses using the service have a transfer limit of R5 000 per employee per day. The monthly limit is R25 000 per receiver of the money. However, there is no limit on the total file value.
● Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Bulk Disbursements in the subject line, and include your company details or apply here.
● Shoprite will send you an email with its banking details and a file to complete listing the multiple recipients.
● Once your payment is reflected, Shoprite will disburse the funds to all the recipients’ wallets.
● Each recipient will receive an SMS notifying them that money has been sent to them via Shoprite Money.
For recipients to register:
● Shoprite Money is available to anyone aged 18 years and older with a valid SA ID document and an active cell phone number irrespective of their mobile network, device or connectivity.
● Users can register for an account free-of-charge by dialling *134*3534# or by visiting the Money Market counter in any Shoprite, Checkers, Checkers Hyper or Usave store.
● The money will be deposited into the recipient’s Shoprite Money wallet and can be cashed out at any of the above stores.
AB InBev to float Asian business in 2019’s second biggest IPO
22/09/2019 - 10:14
AB InBev will kick off a second attempt to spin off its Asian business in Hong Kong with the launch of an initial public offering (IPO) worth up to $6.6bn that could be the world’s second-largest flotation in 2019.
Samsung and KOO win big at the 21st Sunday Times Top Brands Awards
20/09/2019 - 15:12
Samsung and KOO have been announced as South Africa’s Overall Favourite Brands, winning the Grand Prix Awards in the respective Business and Consumer sectors of the 21st Sunday Times Top Brands Survey.
Pick n Pay rolls out R4 lifetime reusable bag made from recycled plastic bottles
20/09/2019 - 14:14
Pick n Pay is rolling out its new budget green People n Planet reusable bag nationally after a successful trial with customers earlier this year. The bag is expected to be in all stores by mid-October.
Embracing workforce transformation in a digital world
20/09/2019 - 13:53
Workforce transformation affects all aspects of business and companies must plan for the impact it is having and will continue to have on operations. Nicol Myburgh, Head of the HR Business Unit at CRS Technologies, says the evolving business landscape means companies must start thinking now about the skills they need for the future.
Shoprite targets rivers on World Cleanup Day
19/09/2019 - 14:59
The Shoprite Group has partnered with the South African Department of Water and Sanitation to host river cleanups on World Cleanup Day (21 September 2019) and everyone’s invited to join in.