Shoprite De Doorns creates 53 new jobs
Shoprite - May 30th 2018, 11:29
The opening of Shoprite De Doorns on Thursday, 24 May 2018, has created 53 new jobs in the local community.
- Store’s total staff complement: 64
- Youth employees (between the ages of 18 and 35): 60
- Female employees: 45
To celebrate the store’s opening, customers were treated to choir and dance performances by the F.J. Conradie Primary School, plenty of in-store competitions and fantastic special offers.
Breede River Valley’s deputy mayor, John Levendal, also attended the event and cut the ribbon to mark this special occasion.
About the new store:
- Shoprite De Doorns has a total of 15 pay points.
- There are a number of in-store fresh food departments including a Meat Market, Hot & Cold Foods Deli, Bakery and Fresh Fruit & Vegetables.
- A range of services are available at the in-store Money Market counter including payment of municipal or service accounts, buying national lottery, bus, airline or Computicket event tickets, and much more.
- The store’s trading hours are 08:00 – 19:00 from Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 17:00 on Saturdays and 08:00 - 15:00 on Sundays.
Retail sales remain muted with consumers under pressure
20/09/2019 - 14:31
Retail sales for July marginally declined to 2 percent year on year as sales growth continued to reflect a muted demand in South Africa, with consumers’ discretionary income under strain.
Pick n Pay rolls out R4 lifetime reusable bag made from recycled plastic bottles
20/09/2019 - 14:14
Pick n Pay is rolling out its new budget green People n Planet reusable bag nationally after a successful trial with customers earlier this year. The bag is expected to be in all stores by mid-October.
Shoprite targets rivers on World Cleanup Day
19/09/2019 - 14:59
The Shoprite Group has partnered with the South African Department of Water and Sanitation to host river cleanups on World Cleanup Day (21 September 2019) and everyone’s invited to join in.
Zara launches online store in South Africa
19/09/2019 - 11:58
Zara has launched its online sales in SA through its dedicated website zara.com/za. This marks an important milestone in the expansion of Zara’s integrated store and online platform into markets where it already has a store presence.
Pick n Pay launches collectable Rugby Super Cards
19/09/2019 - 11:28
Local sports fans can once again feel part of the upcoming rugby tournament thanks to the launch of Pick n Pay’s new Rugby Super Cards.