An introduction to PPS Labelling Systems
PPS Labeling Systems - Mar 18th, 11:04
Our automatic and semi-automatic labelling systems are focused on the requirements of the pharmaceutical, healthcare, food & beverage, chemical and electronics industries.
Automatic labelling solutions provide labelling of vials, ampoules and pre-filled syringes, while our semi-automatic labelling solutions are suited to the labelling of flat bottles used in the cosmetic, personal care and medical product industries, as well as round bottle labelling which is suitable for wrap-around labelling in small quantities.
Automatic Labelling Systems
Automatic labelling systems are reliable and operate at high speeds.PPS offers the following automatic labellers:
• Rotary labellers are designed for high precision labelling of small pharmaceutical bottles such as vials, ampoules and syrup medicine bottles and bottles that cannot stand on their own.
• Pre-filled syringe labellers are specially designed for the packaging process of pre-filled syringes. The system does wrap around labelling on the syringe and also assemble the plunger-rod at the same time.
• Horizontal labelling system is a flexible labelling system for narrow cylindrical containers, the trunnion conveyors ensure high-speed labelling and extra precision, labelled syringes are collected at the exit of the machine or an optional integrate tray inserted can be used to collect other cylindrical labelled containers.
• Vial Labellers can completely solve the problem of bottle breaking and missing labels and provides high-speed labelling solutions at speeds of over 700 vials/min.
• Vertical round bottle labelling system is the ideal, economical choice for the pharmaceutical, food and beverages, and daily chemicals industries for labelling on round containers that can stand upright stably. This system can automatically detect label size and bottle diameter and determine the correct parameters for the fast changeover of products.
Semi-Automatic Labelling Systems
Targeting the requirement on pharmaceutical, food and beverage, daily chemical and electronic industries. Our economic semi-automatic series includes semi-automatic flat bottle labelling machine, semi-automatic round bottle labelling machine and semi-automatic tube labelling machine.
• Semi-auto high precision labelling machine is used for labelling of small flat surface that requires extra positioning precision such as memory cards, electronic parts, PCB’s etc. Unique mechanism to eliminate air bubbles softly to avoid scratching the label surface.
• Semi-auto round bottle labelling machine is suitable for wrap-around labelling on round bottles in small quantity and with high labelling precision and quality requirements. Also, able to handle bottles with orientation requirements.
• Semi-auto labelling machine for flat bottles is designed for simple labelling application on flat bottles for the cosmetics, personal care products and medical products industries.
• Semi-auto soft tube labelling machine offers a simple and reliable method for labelling on empty unsealed soft-tubes in small quantities. Using a mandrel to overcome the softness of the tube for labelling, the system offers consistent high labelling quality and precision. Change of material is also easy with the change of the mandrel. The system is also able to handle labelling with orientation with an optional attachment.
• Vertical cartoning system is designed for inserting products from the top of the carton, suitable for many industries such as pharmaceutical, food & beverage, stationery, toys, electronic devices etc. In vertical cartoning, product entry is achieved by gravity which is simple and suitable for many difficult-to-insert products. In the semi-auto mode, product placement is done manually while all carton handling is done automatically.
Click here for more information on MITAS
A fruit sticker may seem an unlikely cause for environmental concern but removing it from food products could create huge savings in plastic, energy and CO2 emissions and with the move to item-level serialization on fruit and vegetables, allowing identification of each product unit instead of the packaging, is a powerful tool to fight counterfeiting and gives the consumer the ability to not only track the entire life cycle of the product through the supply chain but also allows product identification and a unique consumer engagement platform, thus enhancing the consumer experience.
The drive toward naked produce is gaining momentum, with producers under immense pressure to respond to the growing calls to reduce plastic waste. It’s no small wonder, considering that from 1950 to 2015, cumulative plastic production reached a whopping 7.8 billion metric tons – giving us more than one ton of plastic per person on earth.
According to World Health Organisation statistics, an estimated 600 million people in the world fall ill because of contaminated food. A shocking 420 000 of these cases result in deaths. The basis of most regulation and standard for food is quality and record-keeping or the traceability thereof, with the new regulation being enforced this does not only apply to the food premises but the environment throughout the entire supply chain of these products and requires a maintained traceability system and recall procedure is in place.
With the new regulation R638 being implemented there is an increase in supply chain transparency, accountability, and security. One key to achieving gains in all three areas lies in the ability to trace the source of foods and their ingredients, from farm to fork.