Johannesburg - South African retailer Massmart Holdings Ltd reported a 10.4 percent jump in full-year sales on Thursday as its consumer goods, liquor, and home improvement supplies business posted better performance.
Massmart, majority owned by Wal-Mart Stores, however, said net interest paid from funding several property acquisitions in 2013-2014 led to a 10.2 percent drop in headline earnings. Sales climbed to R78.2 billion for the 52 weeks ended December 28. Massdiscounters, which includes general merchandise discounter Game that ...
Shoprite says the quickly rising cost of power is more than offsetting relief gained from lower fuel prices....
Cape Town - Business and diplomatic travellers from South Africa's Brics partners - Brazil, Russia, India, and China - are to...
Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene held the line on fiscal consolidation on Wednesday, raising taxes to narrow the fiscal gap as ...
Shoprite is planning an "aggressive new store rollout" in the beleaguered furniture market that includes 68 new stores by the...
Private investment in parastatals and selling off some of their assets are part of the state’s plans to lessen their drain ...
With its first vines planted in 2004, Glenelly, the exemplary Stellenbosch wine estate with a French touch, may be a young estate, but the estate’s Grande Dame May-Eliane de Lencquesaing’s tremendous energy and passion has led to major developments on this historic property over the past 10 years. READ MORE
‘’Successful collaborations are all about sharing passions and pooling talents to produce something truly exciting.’’ This is according to Simba Senior Brand Manager Zibuyile Mdlalose and provided the motivation for popular South African snack brand Simba, to collaborate with METRO FM and sponsor the best collaboration category at the ... READ MORE
|Guest blog by Sane Mdlalose, associate consultant at Aperio, a business consulting company focused on accelerating growth of FMCG brands in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. - READ MORE|
- Johannesburg - Dairy brand Parmalat has recalled a batch of PureJoy apple juice as it was contaminated with cleaning chemicals, The Star reported on Tuesday.
- View all Supplier news
- Cape Town - Business and diplomatic travellers from South Africa's Brics partners - Brazil, Russia, India, and China - are to receive a port of entry visa into South Afri...
- View all Economic news
- London - Britain's No. 4 supermarket Morrisons has named former Tesco executive David Potts as its new chief executive, completing a triumvirate of ex-Tesco men at the to...
- View all International news
- South Africa currently has no existing legislation dealing with what happens to your data after death.
- View all Services news
- Johannesburg - South African retailer Massmart Holdings Ltd reported a 10.4 percent jump in full-year sales on Thursday as its consumer goods, liquor, and home improvemen...
- View all Marketing news
- Shoprite says the quickly rising cost of power is more than offsetting relief gained from lower fuel prices.
- View all Retailer news
LATEST FMCG & RETAIL EVENTS
LATEST FMCG & RETAIL JOBS