Black Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry
Checkers - Nov 2nd, 15:58
Black garlic gives this classic stir-fry an umami update.
200 g egg noodles; cooked according to packet instructions and drained
2 tbsp. (30 ml) sunflower or coconut oil
4 x chicken breasts; thinly sliced
1 onion; peeled and finely sliced
4 x black garlic cloves; peeled and thinly sliced
1 knob ginger; peeled and finely grated
3 tbsp. (45 ml) light soy sauce
2 tbsp. (30 ml) dry sherry or shaoxing
1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
600g Leafy Kale stir-fry pack
Salt and pepper
Handful of coriander; chopped
1. Heat a large wok with a little oil and quickly brown chicken strips in batches. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat a little more oil in the same wok and sauté onion, black garlic and ginger for a few minutes or until lightly golden.
3. Add the stir-fry pack and fry until vegetables are just beginning to soften.
4. Add soy sauce, dry sherry and honey and allow cook for 2 minutes.
5. Return chicken and noodles to pan and season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Serves: 4Click here for more Checkers recipes
Tiso Blackstar is pleased to announce that the Blackstar Holding Group (BHG) has successfully achieved a level 1 B-BBEE contributor status (from a level 2 in the prior year), in accordance with the Department of Trade and Industry’s B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
Fitch & Leedes Blue Tonic, the new blue-blooded mixer from Chill Beverages International (Pty) Ltd, transforms every G&T or vodka into a sensory indulgence.
Red Bull The Summer Edition Coconut & Berry has launched in SA for a limited time only.
NRF B-Complex fizzy is a cranberry flavoured effervescent tablet with antioxidants which helps to boost energy effectively and prevent that frequent afternoon slump. Each tablet should be taken daily in half a glass of water.
Try these recipes
Peanut butter and chocolate make the perfect combination in this decadent mousse tart made with Nutella, cream cheese, smooth peanut butter, vanilla and more.
Make the best of summer produce.
A South African classic gets a summer makeover.
Two South African favourites unite, and the result is unbelievably delicious. Keep a stash of these in your freezer for an instant sugar solve. Makes: 30