Blue Cheese & Citrus Salad
Checkers - Sep 10th, 10:20
A refreshing citrus salad to accompany that braai meat, or even to turn into a meat-free main dish for any lover of tangy blue cheese.
2 red navels (Cara Cara/blood orange); peeled and sliced
Handful of rocket leaves
1 punnet mangetout
½ cup walnuts
100 g blue cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Gently toast the walnuts for 5 min. or until slightly oily and deepened in flavour.
3. Allow cooling.
4. Blanch the mangetout in boiled water until electric green in colour, then immediately submerge in iced water to stop the cooking process. This helps to retain the lovely colour and crunchy texture.
5. To assemble the salad, combine the orange slices, rocket leaves, mangetout and walnuts.
6. Season, toss with olive oil and lemon juice and top the salad with crumbled blue cheese.
7. Serve.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Chateau Del Rei, the stylish sparkling wine in a can, introduces two new bubblies this summer because all good things come in threes.
For the majority of South Africans, the festive season is a time of relaxation, joy and reconnecting with loved ones. However, according to animal welfare societies in South Africa, it is notoriously a time where more animals than normal are admitted to these facilities.
The Clover Mama Afrika 2019 cooks and bakers returned for the last course of the year. This training session was made possible by a new project partner, Mergon Foundation and it was dedicated to baking and cake decorating.
Mzansi’s iconic bubble gum, Chappies, has been bringing consumers together with its fun flavours and quirky ‘Did You Know?’ facts for over 70 years.
Try these recipes
A cheat's white sauce means a one-way ticket to Italy.
A layered vegan pudding that everyone will enjoy.
Soft and fluffy blueberry muffins with fudge crumble are a must-eat pastry. Try this simple recipe now.
A rich and creamy risotto with crispy bacon and cheese.