Cheesecake with Green Kiwi Fruit
Checkers - Jan 10th, 10:38
A delicious favourite gets a nutritious twist that’s guaranteed to keep your loved ones both happy and healthy. Serves 10.
3 cups cream cheese; room temperature
8 zespri green kiwi fruit
100 g melted butter
2 packets vanilla cookies
1 cup condensed milk
1⁄4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. rum
1. Peel and roughly chop 4 kiwi fruit. Cook in a pan over medium heat for 4–5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
2. Whizz vanilla cookies into a fine crumb, add melted butter and press into bottom of tart pan.
3. In a blender, mix condensed milk and cream cheese with rum. Add eggs and blend until fully combined. Gently stir through cooked kiwi fruit.
4. Pour the mixture into the tart pan over the cookie base and bake for 35 minutes at 160 °C.
5. Allow to cool and then garnish with the remaining kiwi fruit.Click here for more Checkers recipes
Helping needy local communities has become a cornerstone of the Kit Kat Group’s annual outreach. This year, for the tenth consecutive year, the group has donated blankets that its staff members have handed out to local community members, hospitals and schools. Over 700 blankets are donated annually each winter, providing much-needed warmth to recipients.
Tiso Blackstar Group has announced the acquisition of media titles The Media, and The Media Online, as well as the annual MOST Awards and EasyDIY magazine and www.easyDIY.co.za, from Wag The Dog Publishers. They will be incorporated into the Group’s Events, Magazine and Online Publishing division as of 1 July 2019.
Score Energy Drink, the proud supporter of youth development in South Africa, is giving 300 young people the chance to better themselves with the help of life skills academy, Pride Factor.
Barker and Quin, South Africa’s leading producer of premium natural tonic water, has joined the Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards as a headline trophy sponsor.
Try these recipes
Usually made with whisky, this Old Fashioned gets a New World makeover with Tequila and honey.
Fresh grapes, sparkling wine, and gin make up this fruity French-inspired cocktail.
A bacon wrapped tenderloin stuffed with a herby, cheesy, fruity filling that perfectly complements the pork.
Cinnamon and pumpkin are a classic combo that never disappoints.