Double Chocolate Mocha Brownies
Checkers - Jul 4th, 10:21
We didn’t think you could improve a chocolate brownie – ‘til we added more chocolate and a hit of Foreign Ground coffee.
1/3 cup (80ml) strong brewed Foreign Ground coffee
1 cup (250ml) butter, at room temperature
1 slab (80g) dark chocolate, chopped
1 slab (80g) white chocolate, chopped
½ tub (125g) dark chocolate ganache*
100g raw Padkos walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups (375ml) demerara sugar
1 1/4 cups (310ml) cocoa powder
½ tsp. (3ml) bicarbonate of soda
100 g Padkos dried cranberries
2 tsp. (10ml) vanilla extract
1 cup (250ml) flour
1 tsp. (5ml) salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease a 33x22 cm (13x9 inch) brownie pan with oil or butter.
2. Cream butter with sugar in medium mixing bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, salt, bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
3. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and coffee until batter is smooth. Fold through 1/2 of the dark chocolate chunks and walnuts and all of the white chocolate chunks.
4. Scrape batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining dark chocolate and walnuts over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Serve topped with chocolate ganache, cranberries, and scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
*Checkers sells dark chocolate ganache in the desserts section, but if you want to make your own, place 150g dark chocolate (broken into chunks) and 1/3 cup (80ml) cream in a glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Ensure that the hot water does not touch the base of the bowl. As soon as the chocolate starts to melt, stir until a smooth chocolate sauce has formed. Set aside – the ganache will thicken as it cools.
Click here for more Checkers recipes
Twizza, a truly authentic South African soft-drinks brand, has launched two delicious, local limited-edition flavours: Baobab and Ginger Cola.
Keep cool this summer with Mzansi’s coolest candy brand. Halls is stepping up to make your days a breeze with their range of fruity flavours to keep you extra cool and refreshed all through the season.
Leveraging the growing popularity of women’s sport, Twizza, South Africa first proudly South Africa accredited soft brand, is focussing sponsorship activity and spend on Netball at school and national levels.
Since its initial introduction in April of this year, the DHL Africa eShop app has seen its user base grow rapidly, and within the first three months of operation, it had already been rolled out to 20 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). DHL Express announced this week that the innovative mobile and desktop platform is now available in 14 additional countries across the region. This increases the platform’s reach to 34 countries across SSA.
Try these recipes
Cook the halloumi just before serving to prevent a rubbery texture.
It’s the perfect sweet treat to any meal. Serves: 4
Melt-in-your-mouth apples, crunchy crumble, and creamy mascarpone.
A refreshing citrus salad to accompany that braai meat, or even to turn into a meat-free main dish for any lover of tangy blue cheese.