Image and data management for channel agnosticism
By Jessi Wesson - Mar 13th, 08:31
"A picture is worth a thousand online sales." Across all e-commerce platforms, product images are the catalyst for first impressions. Consumer confidence, perception, and potential engagement with your brand is solely dependent on the overall quality and experience of your retail offering.
Image quality standards and brand consistency treatment is key in the increasingly competitive e-commerce landscape. As content is an extension of your brand, customer-friendly product information is a priority. To retain imagery and data in one comprehensive source is a valuable and viable asset.
Multi-channel and mobile-friendly prioritisation
Convenience is the new loyalty. Brands are becoming increasingly aware of this and are shifting their focus to prioritise mobile-first marketing. Globally, e-commerce is on the rise at a rapid rate. Shopping habits have changed significantly due to the increase in smartphone usage and the demand for m-commerce sites.
Benefits of image optimisation
• True-to-product information is relayed to the customer
• Superior shopping experience
• Customer expectations are met
• Boosts your brand
• Gives your brand a competitive edge
• Quality imagery + useful product copy = increased sales and fewer returns
Silo puts your brand a cut above the rest
Silo provides your business with a seamless, comprehensive solution. From our centralised library, we offer the production, curation, and distribution of top quality product imagery and enriched customer-friendly content to suit all your online needs.
Silo assists clients with multichannel best practices, including:
• Simplified packs
• Hero images
• Stylised photography
• Uniformity of variants
• Enhanced Imagery and 3D Product Renders
• Data structures and data management for enhanced product information
• Host images and e-commerce graphics on a platform from which to publish to the e-commerce website through systems integrations and submissions
• Render simplified front of packs and high-resolution 3D graphics that the end-user can zoom into
• Manage e-commerce Hero images
• Stylised photography to show how the product can be used, worn, styled or consumed
• Provide images at the photo size restrictions of various e-commerce platforms
• Provide images at various sizes for optimised functionality on website, for example, thumbnail, simplified pack shot and high-resolution full image that the user can zoom into
• Provide images at the optimally optimised resolution ready for the e-commerce site in the correct image formats
• Provide a uniformed image for each variant/flavour/colour etc. with consistent angles, lighting, shadows, and coloration
• Manage image associations with a product line for example e-commerce iconography, or upsell, cross-sell and new product promotions
• Capture and manage extensive product metadata and product marketing copy; features and benefits; and usage information etc.
• Manage product master lists with retailers, at the time of listing products with manufacturers.
• Develop & manage customised retailer style-guides to ensure uniformity and consistency of images on all channels
• Produce product animation or video files, how to guides and tutorials
• Silo develops customised, enhanced product information structures for brands and retailers to provide enriched and customer-friendly product content.
USP’s of Silo
• Single source from which to source, manage and store product imagery, renders, e-commerce graphics, product metadata, and product marketing copy.
• Uniformed and consistent treatment of the products on your e-commerce site, enabling and pushing your brand.
• Create unique angles, styled and pack shot imagery by developing a specific style-guide for your brand.
• Free your resources and save funds by using professional retail photographers to create brand-centric assets at the correct e-commerce specific requirements, formats and sizes.
• View and manage all your brand assets from a single source, easily through a web-accessed portal.
Find out more about Silo's unique offerings: www.silo.co.za
While every aspect of a product matters, it’s the design, packaging and labelling that draws consumers to choose one product instead of another from cluttered retail shelves. With consumers looking for price and quality, if a pack’s label doesn’t look good consumers won’t buy the product.
South Africa’s iconic Table Mountain, recognised as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature and internationally acclaimed as a top tourist experience, has a fast-moving food & beverage (F&B) environment. Approximately 1.2 million transactions per annum take place - this is made up of card and cash payments by local and international tourists who eat and drink as part of their Table Mountain experience.
Traceability Solutions stocks a variety of tamper evident, laser markable materials which is generally used as a tamper evident label for high-security applications and asset registry marking.
Greenworks, battery driven garden and DIY equipment, is launching in South Africa this September. Established in 2006, Greenworks is a rapidly growing brand offering a wide range of cordless garden and power tools worldwide.
Try these recipes
When you don't have the time or an oven and are in the mood for cake, try this delicious microwave chilli choc orange creation.
A refreshing Don Julio cocktail with added sweet treat.
Consumers are constantly looking for healthier ways to snack and according to Anna Klainbaum, food trend expert and writer, recipes for granola and oatmeal balls have become very popular. These bite-sized snacks are traditionally made with peanut butter, oats or granola, seeds and honey. They are often also packed with dried nuts, chocolate chips or shredded coconut.
Great for snuggling up on cold days.