Image and data management for channel agnosticism
By Jessi Wesson - Mar 13th 2018, 08:31
"A picture is worth a thousand online sales." Across all e-commerce platforms, product images are the catalyst for first impressions. Consumer confidence, perception, and potential engagement with your brand is solely dependent on the overall quality and experience of your retail offering.
Image quality standards and brand consistency treatment is key in the increasingly competitive e-commerce landscape. As content is an extension of your brand, customer-friendly product information is a priority. To retain imagery and data in one comprehensive source is a valuable and viable asset.
Multi-channel and mobile-friendly prioritisation
Convenience is the new loyalty. Brands are becoming increasingly aware of this and are shifting their focus to prioritise mobile-first marketing. Globally, e-commerce is on the rise at a rapid rate. Shopping habits have changed significantly due to the increase in smartphone usage and the demand for m-commerce sites.
Benefits of image optimisation
• True-to-product information is relayed to the customer
• Superior shopping experience
• Customer expectations are met
• Boosts your brand
• Gives your brand a competitive edge
• Quality imagery + useful product copy = increased sales and fewer returns
Silo puts your brand a cut above the rest
Silo provides your business with a seamless, comprehensive solution. From our centralised library, we offer the production, curation, and distribution of top quality product imagery and enriched customer-friendly content to suit all your online needs.
Silo assists clients with multichannel best practices, including:
• Simplified packs
• Hero images
• Stylised photography
• Uniformity of variants
• Enhanced Imagery and 3D Product Renders
• Data structures and data management for enhanced product information
• Host images and e-commerce graphics on a platform from which to publish to the e-commerce website through systems integrations and submissions
• Render simplified front of packs and high-resolution 3D graphics that the end-user can zoom into
• Manage e-commerce Hero images
• Stylised photography to show how the product can be used, worn, styled or consumed
• Provide images at the photo size restrictions of various e-commerce platforms
• Provide images at various sizes for optimised functionality on website, for example, thumbnail, simplified pack shot and high-resolution full image that the user can zoom into
• Provide images at the optimally optimised resolution ready for the e-commerce site in the correct image formats
• Provide a uniformed image for each variant/flavour/colour etc. with consistent angles, lighting, shadows, and coloration
• Manage image associations with a product line for example e-commerce iconography, or upsell, cross-sell and new product promotions
• Capture and manage extensive product metadata and product marketing copy; features and benefits; and usage information etc.
• Manage product master lists with retailers, at the time of listing products with manufacturers.
• Develop & manage customised retailer style-guides to ensure uniformity and consistency of images on all channels
• Produce product animation or video files, how to guides and tutorials
• Silo develops customised, enhanced product information structures for brands and retailers to provide enriched and customer-friendly product content.
USP’s of Silo
• Single source from which to source, manage and store product imagery, renders, e-commerce graphics, product metadata, and product marketing copy.
• Uniformed and consistent treatment of the products on your e-commerce site, enabling and pushing your brand.
• Create unique angles, styled and pack shot imagery by developing a specific style-guide for your brand.
• Free your resources and save funds by using professional retail photographers to create brand-centric assets at the correct e-commerce specific requirements, formats and sizes.
• View and manage all your brand assets from a single source, easily through a web-accessed portal.
Find out more about Silo's unique offerings: www.silo.co.za
SABC, Western Cape Government, KPMG, Multichoice, Nedbank, Uber, and SA Home Loans make up a fraction of the companies not only in attendance but delivering keynote addresses at what remains the largest Customer Experience Management Summit in Africa. The event is taking place from 31st July to 1st August 2019 at the CTICC in Cape Town.
Bashew’s, the Cape’s iconic and cherished soft drink dating back to 1899, pays tribute to one of South Africa’s most popular comedy shows, Joe Barber.
For an incredible fourth year running, KWV has been awarded the Producer of the Year Trophy in the Brandy and Cognac category at the International Spirit Challenge (ISC).
Bolstered by the overall category growth, Vital Health Foods – Africa’s leading manufacturer of complementary medicines and health supplements (IRI Aztec 2018) – has launched their new premium scientifically-formulated Vital Health Science range; a suite of health products that have been expertly formulated with high quality raw materials obtained through a world-class sourcing process and subject to rigorous compliance testing in Vital Health Foods’ laboratory.
Try these recipes
Sit back and relax after dinner with a delicious home-made dom pedro. This cheeky whisky cocktail is easy to make and a sweet adults-only treat.
Outrageously rich and delicious.
With hearty lentils and gourmet mushrooms, you won’t even miss the meat in this vegetarian take on an Italian classic.
These spinach wraps are a great healthy summer starter or lunchtime snack for the whole family to enjoy.