Image and data management for channel agnosticism
By Jessi Wesson - Mar 13th, 08:31
"A picture is worth a thousand online sales." Across all e-commerce platforms, product images are the catalyst for first impressions. Consumer confidence, perception, and potential engagement with your brand is solely dependent on the overall quality and experience of your retail offering.
Image quality standards and brand consistency treatment is key in the increasingly competitive e-commerce landscape. As content is an extension of your brand, customer-friendly product information is a priority. To retain imagery and data in one comprehensive source is a valuable and viable asset.
Multi-channel and mobile-friendly prioritisation
Convenience is the new loyalty. Brands are becoming increasingly aware of this and are shifting their focus to prioritise mobile-first marketing. Globally, e-commerce is on the rise at a rapid rate. Shopping habits have changed significantly due to the increase in smartphone usage and the demand for m-commerce sites.
Benefits of image optimisation
• True-to-product information is relayed to the customer
• Superior shopping experience
• Customer expectations are met
• Boosts your brand
• Gives your brand a competitive edge
• Quality imagery + useful product copy = increased sales and fewer returns
Silo puts your brand a cut above the rest
Silo provides your business with a seamless, comprehensive solution. From our centralised library, we offer the production, curation, and distribution of top quality product imagery and enriched customer-friendly content to suit all your online needs.
Silo assists clients with multichannel best practices, including:
• Simplified packs
• Hero images
• Stylised photography
• Uniformity of variants
• Enhanced Imagery and 3D Product Renders
• Data structures and data management for enhanced product information
• Host images and e-commerce graphics on a platform from which to publish to the e-commerce website through systems integrations and submissions
• Render simplified front of packs and high-resolution 3D graphics that the end-user can zoom into
• Manage e-commerce Hero images
• Stylised photography to show how the product can be used, worn, styled or consumed
• Provide images at the photo size restrictions of various e-commerce platforms
• Provide images at various sizes for optimised functionality on website, for example, thumbnail, simplified pack shot and high-resolution full image that the user can zoom into
• Provide images at the optimally optimised resolution ready for the e-commerce site in the correct image formats
• Provide a uniformed image for each variant/flavour/colour etc. with consistent angles, lighting, shadows, and coloration
• Manage image associations with a product line for example e-commerce iconography, or upsell, cross-sell and new product promotions
• Capture and manage extensive product metadata and product marketing copy; features and benefits; and usage information etc.
• Manage product master lists with retailers, at the time of listing products with manufacturers.
• Develop & manage customised retailer style-guides to ensure uniformity and consistency of images on all channels
• Produce product animation or video files, how to guides and tutorials
• Silo develops customised, enhanced product information structures for brands and retailers to provide enriched and customer-friendly product content.
USP’s of Silo
• Single source from which to source, manage and store product imagery, renders, e-commerce graphics, product metadata, and product marketing copy.
• Uniformed and consistent treatment of the products on your e-commerce site, enabling and pushing your brand.
• Create unique angles, styled and pack shot imagery by developing a specific style-guide for your brand.
• Free your resources and save funds by using professional retail photographers to create brand-centric assets at the correct e-commerce specific requirements, formats and sizes.
• View and manage all your brand assets from a single source, easily through a web-accessed portal.
Find out more about Silo's unique offerings: www.silo.co.za
The Sunday Times Lifestyle Gin Awards in partnership with Makro and Fitch & Leedes is proud to celebrate the creators and retailers of locally and internationally crafted gins and variants, with the top 4 local, and top 4 international finalists having been announced. Blind-tasting opportunities around the country will allowing South Africans to taste and vote for their favourites.
Clover Mama Afrika, Clover’s CSI project, recently held a dressmaking course with Linda Venter from Bernina, one of their loyal partners, which hosted seven of the mamas from the project.
In today’s competitive business environment, staying ahead of the game is essential. To do this, manufacturers need to ensure that their equipment remains effective and runs optimally at all times.
While there may not be such thing as a cure-all magic potion, there is a range of powerful liquid concoctions from Theonista currently taking the South African functional and health drink category by storm thanks to delicious flavour combinations, low sugar content, and impressive health benefits.
Try these recipes
Do you love your G & Ts fresh and zesty? Gins with a citrus profile often show a hint of spice and earthy notes along with citrus flavours. Elevate these characteristics with lime, sugar and thyme.
Staying alert just got cool.
Ideal for celebrating Heritage Day!
Busy morning? Have your breakfast on the run with these nifty kebabs.